- 70g Unsalted Butter (diced)
- 40g Icing sugar
- 1g Salt
- 15g deZaan Artisan Black
- 20g Walnuts (lightly roasted)
- 100g Low Protein Flour (Cake Flour)
- In a stand mixer, mix the butter with a paddle attachment until soft, scrape down the bowl.
- Sift in salt and icing sugar, continue mixing until well combined.
- Sift in deZaan Artisan Black, flour and walnuts, continue mixing until a dough is formed.
- Form the dough into 10g round balls.
- Bake at 160ºC for 20 minutes.
- 30g Icing sugar
- 30g deZaan Artisan Black
- Mix icing sugar with deZaan Artisan Black cocoa powder.
- Coat with dusting powder while the cookie is warm.
- Let cool in an airtight container until ready to serve.
Do you Know Cocoa?
The deZaan cocoa handbook developed exclusively for chefs and artisans is out now!
Excel your cocoa knowledge and be inspired with our distinguished book, meticulously developed by expert chefs and combining 110 years of cocoa knowledge.
Providing an abundance of cocoa knowledge and guidance, our just launched Know Cocoa book is going to be a firm favorite on your shelves and screens for 2023 and beyond. It’s the guide you’ve been waiting for. Excel your cocoa knowledge with deZaan and be excited!
deZaan is putting cocoa powder at the forefront of the table. With this range chefs can understand the ingredients at a more intimate level, which offers better control when creating new flavors, colors, and textures.
In our chef-led book, you will be given the scoop on:
- Revelatory cocoa cooking tips from our expert chefs and chef partners
- The six elements of cocoa powder and why they matter
- The difference pH and fat content can make for precision in your recipes
- The story of cocoa powder from bean to shelf
- How to convert recipes from chocolate to cocoa powder
- Original flavor pairings
- 27 foundational and inspirational recipes including technical deep dives
- A plethora of technical cocoa knowledge and know-how