- 145g Unsalted Butter (Melted)
- 200g Granulated Sugar
- 80g deZaan Rich Terracotta Cocoa Powder
- 2g Salt
- 10g Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs
- 65g All-Purpose Flour
- Pre-heat oven to 176°C/350°F.
- Line the bottom and sides of an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper.
- Combine Melted Butter, Sugar, deZaan Rich Terracotta Cocoa Powder, and Salt in a medium bowl.
- Add the Eggs, one at a time, stirring vigorously after each addition and followed by the Vanilla Extract. The batter should look shiny and smooth.
- Add sifted Flour and stir to incorporate.
- Bake 20-25 minutes. Let cool and cut with heart shaped cutters.
- 50g Egg Whites
- 100g Granulated Sugar
- 150g Unsalted Butter
- 10g Fresh Raspberries
- 20g deZaan Rich Terracotta Cocoa Powder
- Whisk Sugar & Egg Whites together, then set the bowl over a double boiler. Whisk the Egg Whites and Sugar constantly until the Sugar is dissolved and mixture has thinned out. If using a thermometer, the temperature should read 71°C/160°F.
- Transfer the warm mixture to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment.
- Beat until stiff peaks form and the Meringue is no longer warm to touch (at least 10-15 minutes).
- Add the Unsalted Butter little by little. Wait for the Butter to fully mix in before adding the next. Keep whipping until you have a smooth and silky Buttercream.
- Divide into 2 bowls, mix one part with deZaan Rich Terracotta Cocoa Powder and the other part with crushed Raspberries. Transfer to piping bags.
- 140g Water
- 135g deZaan Rich Terracotta Cocoa Powder
- 112g Corn Syrup
- 150g Granulated Sugar
- 15g Vanilla Extract
- In a medium pot, combine all of the ingredients with the help of a whisk.
- Bring to simmer while stirring occasionally.
- Transfer to a container and let it cool down in the refrigerator for 3 hours.
- Transfer to a piping bag.
- With the help of a small round cutter, make a hole in the center of 6 hearts.
- Place one heart with no hole as a base, use the Raspberry Buttercream and pipe it on top of the Brownie, cover again with a heart with a hole, pipe more Raspberry Buttercream without covering the hole and repeat this step one more time.
- Fill the hole with Fudge Sauce and cover with another heart with no hole.
- Decorate with Rich Terracotta Buttercream, Fresh raspberries, and Edible Gold Leaves.
Do you Know Cocoa?
The deZaan cocoa handbook developed exclusively for chefs and artisans is out now!
Excel your cocoa knowledge and be inspired with our distinguished book, meticulously developed by expert chefs and combining 110 years of cocoa knowledge.
Providing an abundance of cocoa knowledge and guidance, our just launched Know Cocoa book is going to be a firm favorite on your shelves and screens for 2023 and beyond. It’s the guide you’ve been waiting for. Excel your cocoa knowledge with deZaan and be excited!
deZaan is putting cocoa powder at the forefront of the table. With this range chefs can understand the ingredients at a more intimate level, which offers better control when creating new flavors, colors, and textures.
In our chef-led book, you will be given the scoop on:
- Revelatory cocoa cooking tips from our expert chefs and chef partners
- The six elements of cocoa powder and why they matter
- The difference pH and fat content can make for precision in your recipes
- The story of cocoa powder from bean to shelf
- How to convert recipes from chocolate to cocoa powder
- Original flavor pairings
- 27 foundational and inspirational recipes including technical deep dives
- A plethora of technical cocoa knowledge and know-how