- 75g butter, soft
- 184g granulated sugar
- 75g eggs
- 10g vanilla extract
- 160g all purpose flour
- 43g deZaan Rich Terracotta cocoa powder
- 5g baking powder
- 2g baking soda
- 2g salt
- 227g sour cream
- 1 pint fresh raspberry
- In a stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar with the paddle attachment until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Add in the vanilla and eggs, a little at a time. Scrape between each addition.
- Sift the flour, Rich Terracotta, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Alternate adding the dry ingredients and sour cream into the mixer in three additions.
- Portion into sprayed molds at 12 grams each and place half of a fresh raspberry centered on top. Gently push it in.
- Bake at 165°C/325°F for about 8-10 minutes.
- 80g eggs whites
- 160g granulated sugar
- 8g vanilla bean paste
- Combine the ingredients in a bowl and place over a double boiler. Whisk constantly until the mixture reaches 82°C/180°F.
- Pour the mixture into the bowl of a stand mixer and whisk on high with the whisk attachment.
- Continue to whisk until cool. Bag with a round tip.
- Rich Terracotta Crumb Cake
- Vanilla Bean Meringue
- Raspberry Jam
- Freeze Dried Raspberry
- Pipe the meringue on top of the crumb cake.
- With the back of a ½ teaspoon, create an indent in the center of the meringue.
- Pipe the raspberry jam in the center of the meringue.
- Lightly torch the meringue.
- Garnish with a few pieces of freeze dried raspberries.
Do you Know Cocoa?
The deZaan cocoa handbook developed exclusively for chefs and artisans is out now!
Excel your cocoa knowledge and be inspired with our distinguished book, meticulously developed by expert chefs and combining 110 years of cocoa knowledge.
Providing an abundance of cocoa knowledge and guidance, our just launched Know Cocoa book is going to be a firm favorite on your shelves and screens for 2023 and beyond. It’s the guide you’ve been waiting for. Excel your cocoa knowledge with deZaan and be excited!
deZaan is putting cocoa powder at the forefront of the table. With this range chefs can understand the ingredients at a more intimate level, which offers better control when creating new flavors, colors, and textures.
In our chef-led book, you will be given the scoop on:
- Revelatory cocoa cooking tips from our expert chefs and chef partners
- The six elements of cocoa powder and why they matter
- The difference pH and fat content can make for precision in your recipes
- The story of cocoa powder from bean to shelf
- How to convert recipes from chocolate to cocoa powder
- Original flavor pairings
- 27 foundational and inspirational recipes including technical deep dives
- A plethora of technical cocoa knowledge and know-how