Part 1: Cocoa Orange Vinaigrette
- 100ml Juice of Orange & Blood Orange (can be ½ of each or just full quantity of one)
- 10g Crimson Red Cocoa Powder
- 25ml Olive Oil
- Salt to Taste
- Pepper to taste
- 5g Brown Sugar
- In a bowl add the orange juice and cocoa powder. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Add sugar, mix until well combined.
- Add salt and pepper, mix until well combined.
- Stream in the olive oil while mixing to create a velvety vinaigrette texture.
Set aside until ready to use.
Part 2: Fennel Salad
- 4 Large Fennels
- 1 Orange (Segmented)
- 2 Blood orange (Segmented)
- 100g Cooked Red Beets (Julienne)
- 150g Mixed Salad Greens (Preferably Mesclun)
- 75g Hazelnuts (Roughly Chopped and Toasted)
- ½ Red Onion
- Thinly slice fennels, onions and red beets.
- Add the onions, red beets and hazelnuts into a bowl. Toss lightly until nicely combined.
- Add the salad greens and turn a few times until well combined. TIP: Combine these ingredients no more than 10 minutes before consuming (do not add vinaigrette to salad at this stage or it will wilt).
- To start plating, decoratively place the oranges at the center of the plate.
- Take about 1 and a half handfuls of the salad per plate and place on top of the oranges (centering it as much as possible). Place a few additonal hazelnuts on top.
- Serve alongside the cocoa vinaigrette.