- 100ml Juice of Orange & Blood Orange (can be ½ of each or just full quantity of one)
- 10g Crimson Red Cocoa Powder
- 25ml Olive Oil
- Salt to Taste
- Pepper to taste
- 5g Brown Sugar
- In a bowl add the orange juice and cocoa powder. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Add sugar, mix until well combined.
- Add salt and pepper, mix until well combined.
- Stream in the olive oil while mixing to create a velvety vinaigrette texture.
Set aside until ready to use.
- 4 Large Fennels
- 1 Orange (Segmented)
- 2 Blood orange (Segmented)
- 100g Cooked Red Beets (Julienne)
- 150g Mixed Salad Greens (Preferably Mesclun)
- 75g Hazelnuts (Roughly Chopped and Toasted)
- ½ Red Onion
- Thinly slice fennels, onions and red beets.
- Add the onions, red beets and hazelnuts into a bowl. Toss lightly until nicely combined.
- Add the salad greens and turn a few times until well combined. TIP: Combine these ingredients no more than 10 minutes before consuming (do not add vinaigrette to salad at this stage or it will wilt).
- To start plating, decoratively place the oranges at the center of the plate.
- Take about 1 and a half handfuls of the salad per plate and place on top of the oranges (centering it as much as possible). Place a few additonal hazelnuts on top.
- Serve alongside the cocoa vinaigrette.
Do you Know Cocoa?
The deZaan cocoa handbook developed exclusively for chefs and artisans is out now!
Excel your cocoa knowledge and be inspired with our distinguished book, meticulously developed by expert chefs and combining 110 years of cocoa knowledge.
Providing an abundance of cocoa knowledge and guidance, our just launched Know Cocoa book is going to be a firm favorite on your shelves and screens for 2023 and beyond. It’s the guide you’ve been waiting for. Excel your cocoa knowledge with deZaan and be excited!
deZaan is putting cocoa powder at the forefront of the table. With this range chefs can understand the ingredients at a more intimate level, which offers better control when creating new flavors, colors, and textures.
In our chef-led book, you will be given the scoop on:
- Revelatory cocoa cooking tips from our expert chefs and chef partners
- The six elements of cocoa powder and why they matter
- The difference pH and fat content can make for precision in your recipes
- The story of cocoa powder from bean to shelf
- How to convert recipes from chocolate to cocoa powder
- Original flavor pairings
- 27 foundational and inspirational recipes including technical deep dives
- A plethora of technical cocoa knowledge and know-how