- 1000g Coconut milk
- 325g Cream
- 215g Granulated sugar
- 100g Dry glucose
- 8g Stabiliser 2000
- 50g Milk powder
- 50g Dextrose
- 50g deZaan Crimson Red cocoa powder
- 60g Rum (Dark Bacardi Rum used)
- In a saucepan, add coconut milk, and cream. Bring to 45°C/113°F.
- In a bowl add sugar, glucose, milk powder, dextrose & stabilizer.
- Once the milk has reached the temperature add in contents in step 2.
- Blend with an immersion blender.
- Cook to 81°C/177°F. take off the heat and transfer it to a heat-proof container.
- Add cocoa powder and blend with an immersion blender.
- Cool down completely.
- Add rum and blend with an immersion blender
- Store in refrigerator overnight.
- Churn ice cream and store in freezer or to be enjoyed freshly churned.
- Pre heat your oven to 177°C/350°F
- Combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Sift and set aside.
- In a stand mixer, combine the butter & brown sugar. Mix on low speed with the paddle attachment to combine.
- Switch to medium speed and cream until light in color. About 4 minutes. Scrape down the bowl and paddle halfway through.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla on low speed. Mix until combined.
- Add in the sifted dry ingredients and mix until just combined. No dry spots. Do not overmix.
- Scrape the bowl and paddle. Mix and fold the dough gently with a rubber spatula, especially at the bottom, to ensure an even mix.
- Scoop the dough and toss it entirely in powdered sugar. Place on a parchment-lined sheet tray. Space cookies at least 3 inches apart.
- Dust the top of each cookie with a thin layer of crimson red cocoa powder.
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes. The edges should be set and the center soft.
- Once all components have been made, prepare desired dishes.
- Place one crinkle cookie at the middle of the plate, pushing down slightly to stick a bit.
- Make large scoop of ice cream onto the top of the cookie and decorate with toasted coconut flakes.
Do you Know Cocoa?
The deZaan cocoa handbook developed exclusively for chefs and artisans is out now!
Excel your cocoa knowledge and be inspired with our distinguished book, meticulously developed by expert chefs and combining 110 years of cocoa knowledge.
Providing an abundance of cocoa knowledge and guidance, our just launched Know Cocoa book is going to be a firm favorite on your shelves and screens for 2023 and beyond. It’s the guide you’ve been waiting for. Excel your cocoa knowledge with deZaan and be excited!
deZaan is putting cocoa powder at the forefront of the table. With this range chefs can understand the ingredients at a more intimate level, which offers better control when creating new flavors, colors, and textures.
In our chef-led book, you will be given the scoop on:
- Revelatory cocoa cooking tips from our expert chefs and chef partners
- The six elements of cocoa powder and why they matter
- The difference pH and fat content can make for precision in your recipes
- The story of cocoa powder from bean to shelf
- How to convert recipes from chocolate to cocoa powder
- Original flavor pairings
- 27 foundational and inspirational recipes including technical deep dives
- A plethora of technical cocoa knowledge and know-how