- 130g Flour
- 50g Crimson Red cocoa powder (works with all of our 6 cocoa powders)
- 2g baking soda (1/2 teaspoon)
- 1g salt (1/4 teaspoon)
- 114g butter
- 100g brown sugar
- 80g sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 130g chocolate chips
Note: Chocolate chips can also be substituted for toasted nuts.
- Preheat oven at 180ºC. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper (baking paper).
- Sift all dry ingredients into a bowl and set aside until ready to use. (NOTE: EXCEPT FOR SUGARS)
- In a mixing bowl, add butter and sugars and mix until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla, mix until combined.
- Add all dry ingredients. Mix on medium speed just until combined. Be careful not to overmix.
- Fold in chocolate chips, or toasted nuts at this point.
- With an ice cream scoop or a spoon, scoop rounded balls of dough onto the baking sheet. Weight of each cookie ball should be around 55-60g per cookies
- Bake about 10-11 minutes. (just until the edges start to set)
- Let cool on baking sheet for 10- 15 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack for further cooling.
Do you Know Cocoa?
The deZaan cocoa handbook developed exclusively for chefs and artisans is out now!
Excel your cocoa knowledge and be inspired with our distinguished book, meticulously developed by expert chefs and combining 110 years of cocoa knowledge.
Providing an abundance of cocoa knowledge and guidance, our just launched Know Cocoa book is going to be a firm favorite on your shelves and screens for 2023 and beyond. It’s the guide you’ve been waiting for. Excel your cocoa knowledge with deZaan and be excited!
deZaan is putting cocoa powder at the forefront of the table. With this range chefs can understand the ingredients at a more intimate level, which offers better control when creating new flavors, colors, and textures.
In our chef-led book, you will be given the scoop on:
- Revelatory cocoa cooking tips from our expert chefs and chef partners
- The six elements of cocoa powder and why they matter
- The difference pH and fat content can make for precision in your recipes
- The story of cocoa powder from bean to shelf
- How to convert recipes from chocolate to cocoa powder
- Original flavor pairings
- 27 foundational and inspirational recipes including technical deep dives
- A plethora of technical cocoa knowledge and know-how