- Warm all liquid ingredients and cocoa mass, assuring that the cocoa mass is melted. Mix until just combined. Reserve warm.
- Add all the dry ingredients (excluding cocoa mass) into a food processor. Blend until combined.
- Add all warm wet ingredients into a food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Transfer to desired cake mold and bake at 165ºC/329ºF until set in the middle.
- 140g Pecan
- 140g Cashew
- 112g deZaan Stellar Cocoa Butter (melted)
- 200g Coconut Cream
- Soak the nuts in 1.5l of water overnight.
- Drain the nuts and add into a food processor.
- Add in the cocoa butter and blend to a paste.
- Add the coconut cream and blend until smooth.
- Cool for approx. 2hrs in the refrigerator.
- Reserve cool until ready to use.
- In a pot, add the coconut cream and sugar. Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Pour over remaining ingredients and blend in an immersion blender until smooth.
- Cool until set in the refrigerator.
- Reserve until ready to use.
- Once all components have been made, begin by cutting the cake into 3 even layers.
- Place the bottom layer onto desired plate.
- Spread an even layer of pecan filling onto the cake.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 until the cake has been assembled.
- Lightly whip the ganache. Coat the cake with ganache and repeat this step twice.
- Decorate the outside rim of the cake with roughly chopped roasted pecans.
- Finish with dusting and a roasted pecan (optional).
Do you Know Cocoa?
The deZaan cocoa handbook developed exclusively for chefs and artisans is out now!
Excel your cocoa knowledge and be inspired with our distinguished book, meticulously developed by expert chefs and combining 110 years of cocoa knowledge.
Providing an abundance of cocoa knowledge and guidance, our just launched Know Cocoa book is going to be a firm favorite on your shelves and screens for 2023 and beyond. It’s the guide you’ve been waiting for. Excel your cocoa knowledge with deZaan and be excited!
deZaan is putting cocoa powder at the forefront of the table. With this range chefs can understand the ingredients at a more intimate level, which offers better control when creating new flavors, colors, and textures.
In our chef-led book, you will be given the scoop on:
- Revelatory cocoa cooking tips from our expert chefs and chef partners
- The six elements of cocoa powder and why they matter
- The difference pH and fat content can make for precision in your recipes
- The story of cocoa powder from bean to shelf
- How to convert recipes from chocolate to cocoa powder
- Original flavor pairings
- 27 foundational and inspirational recipes including technical deep dives
- A plethora of technical cocoa knowledge and know-how