- 340g Butter (soft)
- 114g Powdered Sugar
- 2g Salt
- 227g Almond Flour
- 8g Vanilla Extract
- 440g All-purpose Flour
- 50g deZaan Rich Terracotta Cocoa Powder
- 340g Roasted Whole Almonds
- Powdered Sugar (for dusting)
- Sift the flour and deZaan Rich Terracotta cocoa powder. Set aside.
- Cream the butter, vanilla and powdered sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Mix on low to combine.
- Scoop the cookies. Roll into rounds and then flatten to at least 2cm/0.75in thick. Place a single whole almond in the center and gently press in.
- Place the cookies on a parchment lined sheet tray.
- Bake at 162°C/325°F for about 15-20 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool for about a minute, then toss them generously in powdered sugar. Note: Tossing the cookies in powdered sugar while warm will ensure the sugar sticks and forms a nice layer.
Do you Know Cocoa?
The deZaan cocoa handbook developed exclusively for chefs and artisans is out now!
Excel your cocoa knowledge and be inspired with our distinguished book, meticulously developed by expert chefs and combining 110 years of cocoa knowledge.
Providing an abundance of cocoa knowledge and guidance, our just launched Know Cocoa book is going to be a firm favorite on your shelves and screens for 2023 and beyond. It’s the guide you’ve been waiting for. Excel your cocoa knowledge with deZaan and be excited!
deZaan is putting cocoa powder at the forefront of the table. With this range chefs can understand the ingredients at a more intimate level, which offers better control when creating new flavors, colors, and textures.
In our chef-led book, you will be given the scoop on:
- Revelatory cocoa cooking tips from our expert chefs and chef partners
- The six elements of cocoa powder and why they matter
- The difference pH and fat content can make for precision in your recipes
- The story of cocoa powder from bean to shelf
- How to convert recipes from chocolate to cocoa powder
- Original flavor pairings
- 27 foundational and inspirational recipes including technical deep dives
- A plethora of technical cocoa knowledge and know-how