- 150g Butter
- 75g Confectioner’s Sugar
- 0.5g Vanilla Paste
- 50g Eggs (Lightly Beaten)
- 175g Flour
- 30g deZaan Rich Terracotta Cocoa Powder
- In a mixing bowl, add butter, confectioner’s sugar and vanilla paste. Cream together until smooth and light in color.
- Gradually add eggs, beating well in between each addition.
- Add flour and deZaan cocoa powder and mix. Scrape the bowl down to make sure all ingredients fully blend into dough.
- Transfer from bowl to flattened piece of plastic film wrap. Wrap and cool in refrigerator until firm.
- Ready to use once firm.
- 225g Granny Smith Apples (Diced)
- 200g Mixed Dry Fruits (Raisins, Cranberries, Prunes, Apricot and Candied Ginger) – Chopped
- 150g Toasted Hazelnuts (Chopped)
- 120g Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 Orange (Juiced)
- 1 Orange Zest
- 1 Lemon Zest
- 0.5g Cinnamon (Ground)
- 0.5g Ginger (Ground)
- 1g deZaan Rich Terracotta Cocoa Powder
- 1g Salt
- Pinch of Chilli
- 50ml Brandy
- In a medium pot, add all ingredients except for the brandy.
- Bring to a soft boil until sugar has completely dissolved.
- Take off heat and pour in Brandy. Mix until combined.
- Allow to cool down completely before adding into pie molds.
- Refer to Assembly below for further instructions.
- Preheat oven to 185ºC. Prepare a sheet tray with parchment paper with pie molds that have been lightly greased.
- While the mince pie filling is cooling, roll out pate sable to 4mm thickness. Cut circles (5cm) and form into pie molds.
- Cut stars out of the pate sable and add onto sheet tray. Cool stars and pie molds until filling is ready to be used.
- Fill the pie molds with mince filling to approx. ¾ of the way. Place the star shaped sable on top of the filling (centered).
- Lightly egg wash the top of the pie and place in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Bake for approx. 15 minutes (baking time depends on the oven strength).
- Once baked, allow to cool down for 10 minutes before removing from molds.
- Dust with a bit of powdered sugar once completely cooled.
Do you Know Cocoa?
The deZaan cocoa handbook developed exclusively for chefs and artisans is out now!
Excel your cocoa knowledge and be inspired with our distinguished book, meticulously developed by expert chefs and combining 110 years of cocoa knowledge.
Providing an abundance of cocoa knowledge and guidance, our just launched Know Cocoa book is going to be a firm favorite on your shelves and screens for 2023 and beyond. It’s the guide you’ve been waiting for. Excel your cocoa knowledge with deZaan and be excited!
deZaan is putting cocoa powder at the forefront of the table. With this range chefs can understand the ingredients at a more intimate level, which offers better control when creating new flavors, colors, and textures.
In our chef-led book, you will be given the scoop on:
- Revelatory cocoa cooking tips from our expert chefs and chef partners
- The six elements of cocoa powder and why they matter
- The difference pH and fat content can make for precision in your recipes
- The story of cocoa powder from bean to shelf
- How to convert recipes from chocolate to cocoa powder
- Original flavor pairings
- 27 foundational and inspirational recipes including technical deep dives
- A plethora of technical cocoa knowledge and know-how