- 175g ap flour
- 20g deZaan Crimson Red cocoa powder
- 4.5g baking powder
- 2g salt
- 114g butter, soft
- 100g granulated sugar
- 25g eggs
- 4g vanilla extract
- Sift the flour, Crimson Red, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar.
- Mix in the eggs and vanilla.
- Add in the sifted dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Knead the dough together on the table top to ensure even mixing.
- Roll between two pieces of parchment to ¼ cm/0.01 in thickness. Chill.
- Cut 5.75cm/2.25in rounds. Press into the tart shells.
- Bake at 180oC/350oF for about 8-10 minutes.
- 40g sugar
- 14g deZaan Crimson Red cocoa powder
- 32g heavy cream
- 1g vanilla paste
- 0.1g sea salt
- 15g butter
- Combine all of the ingredients except the butter into a pot.
- Stir constantly and bring to a simmer. Cook to dissolve the sugar and salt.
- Off the heat, blend in the butter. Strain.
- 520g pineapple
- 240g mango puree
- 200g sugar
- 4g pectin
- 4g vanilla bean paste
- 1g salt
- Peel, and cut a pineapple into two halves. Place each half, flat side down, onto a parchment lined sheet tray. Pat the pineapple dry.
- Place the pineapple in a 232oC/450oF oven and roast for about 20 minutes, until evenly browned on the surface and slightly firm in the center. Allow to cool.
- Core and cut the pineapple into small dices.
- In a pot, combine 520 g of the pineapple with the mango puree, sugar, pectin, vanilla and salt.
- Bring to a boil, then cook on medium heat until thickened, about 10-12 minutes.
- Spread out onto a parchment lined sheet tray and allow to cool.
- Crimson Red Tart Shell
- Crimson Red Fudge Sauce
- Roasted Pineapple and Mango Compote
- 1 Mango
- Poppy Seeds
- Dried Flowers
- Pipe the Crimson Red fudge sauce into the base of the tart shell. Top with about 1 ½ teaspoon of the roasted pineapple and mango compote.
- Press the compote down and fill in the sides.
- Slice the mango into thin slices and cut out three consecutive size rounds. (4.5cm/4cm/3.25cm)(1.75in/1.5in/1.25in).
- Starting with the largest round, place the on top and press the edges down. Lay the second round of mango top, followed by the last round. Sprinkle the top with poppy seeds and a few sprigs of dried flowers.
Do you Know Cocoa?
The deZaan cocoa handbook developed exclusively for chefs and artisans is out now!
Excel your cocoa knowledge and be inspired with our distinguished book, meticulously developed by expert chefs and combining 110 years of cocoa knowledge.
Providing an abundance of cocoa knowledge and guidance, our just launched Know Cocoa book is going to be a firm favorite on your shelves and screens for 2023 and beyond. It’s the guide you’ve been waiting for. Excel your cocoa knowledge with deZaan and be excited!
deZaan is putting cocoa powder at the forefront of the table. With this range chefs can understand the ingredients at a more intimate level, which offers better control when creating new flavors, colors, and textures.
In our chef-led book, you will be given the scoop on:
- Revelatory cocoa cooking tips from our expert chefs and chef partners
- The six elements of cocoa powder and why they matter
- The difference pH and fat content can make for precision in your recipes
- The story of cocoa powder from bean to shelf
- How to convert recipes from chocolate to cocoa powder
- Original flavor pairings
- 27 foundational and inspirational recipes including technical deep dives
- A plethora of technical cocoa knowledge and know-how