- 200g Cherry Puree
- 100g Water
- 25g Granulated Sugar
- 15g deZaan Rich Terracotta Cocoa Powder
- Ultra-Tex: Add 1-2% of total weight of above ingredients (amount depends on desired thickness of gel)
- Heat all the ingredients except for ultra-tex.
- Heat until sugar & deZaan cocoa powder have incorporated.
- Allow to cool and add the ultra-tex one percent at a time while blending with a hand blender until the ‘gel’ like consistency has been achieved.
- Store in a piping bag until ready to use.
- 150g Cream 35%
- 25g Pistachio Praline
- 25g deZaan Rich Terracotta Cocoa Powder
- 350g Milk Chocolate
- Add pistachio praline & chocolate to a bowl. Set aside until ready to use.
- In a pan, bring the cream & deZaan cocoa powder to a light simmer.
- Once at simmer, pour over contents in the bowl.
- Blend with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Allow to cool at room temperature before transferring into a piping bag ready for assembly.
- 300g Almond Flour
- 260g Confectioners' Sugar
- 30g deZaan Crimson Red Cocoa Powder
- 110g Egg Whites (Quantity 1)
- 275g Granulated Sugar
- 40g Water
- 2.5g Water Soluble Red Coloring
- 110g Egg Whites (Quantity 2)
- Preheat oven at 140ºC/284ºF.
- In a food processor, add the almond flour, confectioners' sugar & deZaan cocoa powder. Blitz until well combined.
- Sift the ingredients into a clean bowl.
- Making a ‘well’ in the dry mix and add the first 110g of egg whites in.
- In a pan, begin heating water, sugar & red coloring.
- In a mixing bowl, add 2nd quantity of egg whites and begin whipping.
- Once the sugar syrup has reached 121ºC/249ºF, gently stream into semi-whipped egg whites. Allow to mix until cool to touch.
- Incorporate meringue into the dry mix in three parts, until the desired ribbon stage has been achieved.
- Pipe heart-shaped macarons onto the silicone mat.
- Once done piping, transfer trays to oven and bake for 18 minutes.
- Turn oven off and leave them in for 3 minutes before removing.
- Allow them to cool down completely before removing and pairing up according to size/shape.
- Begin by piping a ‘ring’ of the pistachio chocolate ganache around the inner shell of one of the macarons.
- Next, pipe a generous serving of the cherry cocoa gel in the centre before placing the other shell on top and sandwiching together to create your macarons.
- Store in a refrigerator for 6-12 hours before serving for the best texture/taste.
Do you Know Cocoa?
The deZaan cocoa handbook developed exclusively for chefs and artisans is out now!
Excel your cocoa knowledge and be inspired with our distinguished book, meticulously developed by expert chefs and combining 110 years of cocoa knowledge.
Providing an abundance of cocoa knowledge and guidance, our just launched Know Cocoa book is going to be a firm favorite on your shelves and screens for 2023 and beyond. It’s the guide you’ve been waiting for. Excel your cocoa knowledge with deZaan and be excited!
deZaan is putting cocoa powder at the forefront of the table. With this range chefs can understand the ingredients at a more intimate level, which offers better control when creating new flavors, colors, and textures.
In our chef-led book, you will be given the scoop on:
- Revelatory cocoa cooking tips from our expert chefs and chef partners
- The six elements of cocoa powder and why they matter
- The difference pH and fat content can make for precision in your recipes
- The story of cocoa powder from bean to shelf
- How to convert recipes from chocolate to cocoa powder
- Original flavor pairings
- 27 foundational and inspirational recipes including technical deep dives
- A plethora of technical cocoa knowledge and know-how