- Bring the coconut cream and water to 45°C/113°F.
- Add all the dry ingredients excluding cocoa butter and cocoa mass.
- Blend the mixture with an immersion blender and bring to 82°C/179°F.
- Take off the heat and pour directly onto the cocoa butter drops. Blend with an immersion blender.
- Cool to approx. 25°C/77°F, add the lemon juice, and blend thoroughly.
- Mature the ice cream base overnight.
- Mix the ice cream mixture prior to churning.
- Churn to preference.
- Fold in the Quito Oro chunks immediately after churning.
- Reserve in the freezer until ready to serve.
- 1000g Blueberry Puree (no sugar added)
- 500g Coconut Milk
- Bring all the ingredients to a soft boil for 5 minutes. Make sure to stir continuously.
- Take off the heat and mix until well combined.
- Cool completely and reserve in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Once all the components have been made, start by preparing the desired bowls in the freezer, allowing them to be quite cold prior to adding a scoop of ice cream.
- Once ready to serve, add one quenelle of ice cream onto chosen plate.
- Serve with a small saucier of blueberry sauce on the side. Pour over the ice cream on the plate.
Do you Know Cocoa?
The deZaan cocoa handbook developed exclusively for chefs and artisans is out now!
Excel your cocoa knowledge and be inspired with our distinguished book, meticulously developed by expert chefs and combining 110 years of cocoa knowledge.
Providing an abundance of cocoa knowledge and guidance, our just launched Know Cocoa book is going to be a firm favorite on your shelves and screens for 2023 and beyond. It’s the guide you’ve been waiting for. Excel your cocoa knowledge with deZaan and be excited!
deZaan is putting cocoa powder at the forefront of the table. With this range chefs can understand the ingredients at a more intimate level, which offers better control when creating new flavors, colors, and textures.
In our chef-led book, you will be given the scoop on:
- Revelatory cocoa cooking tips from our expert chefs and chef partners
- The six elements of cocoa powder and why they matter
- The difference pH and fat content can make for precision in your recipes
- The story of cocoa powder from bean to shelf
- How to convert recipes from chocolate to cocoa powder
- Original flavor pairings
- 27 foundational and inspirational recipes including technical deep dives
- A plethora of technical cocoa knowledge and know-how