- 100g deZaan Crimson Red Cocoa Powder
- 70g Granulated Sugar
- 40g Honey
- 400g Water
- 40g Almond Milk (unsweetened)
- Add the cocoa powder, sugar, and honey into a pot. Mix until combined.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Mix and bring them to a boil, making sure that all the sugar has dissolved completely.
- Transfer to a heatproof container (low and wide) and freeze in a blast chiller if possible.
- Once frozen, scrape with a fork to create a crushed ice texture.
- Reserve in the freezer until ready to plate.
- 1,000g Fresh Strawberries
- 150g Coconut Yogurt
- Clean and dry the strawberries.
- Slice them vertically into thin slices.
- Reserve them covered until ready to assemble.
- Refer to the assembly section below for further instructions.
- 120g Coconut Yogurt (for plating)
- 7cm Metal Cake Rings (for plating - 12 pieces)
- Acetate Strips (5cm thick)
- Beetroot Cress (for garnish - optional)
- Once all the components have been made, start lining the inside of the ring molds with acetate strips.
- Spread the sliced strawberries along the side of the strip creating a wall.
- Prepare all the ring molds a maximum of 1 hour prior to serving.
- Place the ring mold with strawberries onto the chosen plate.
- Pipe a layer of coconut yogurt at the center.
- Fill the center with crimson red granita.
- Remove the ring mold and finish with a beetroot cress.
- Serve immediately.
Do you Know Cocoa?
The deZaan cocoa handbook developed exclusively for chefs and artisans is out now!
Excel your cocoa knowledge and be inspired with our distinguished book, meticulously developed by expert chefs and combining 110 years of cocoa knowledge.
Providing an abundance of cocoa knowledge and guidance, our just launched Know Cocoa book is going to be a firm favorite on your shelves and screens for 2023 and beyond. It’s the guide you’ve been waiting for. Excel your cocoa knowledge with deZaan and be excited!
deZaan is putting cocoa powder at the forefront of the table. With this range chefs can understand the ingredients at a more intimate level, which offers better control when creating new flavors, colors, and textures.
In our chef-led book, you will be given the scoop on:
- Revelatory cocoa cooking tips from our expert chefs and chef partners
- The six elements of cocoa powder and why they matter
- The difference pH and fat content can make for precision in your recipes
- The story of cocoa powder from bean to shelf
- How to convert recipes from chocolate to cocoa powder
- Original flavor pairings
- 27 foundational and inspirational recipes including technical deep dives
- A plethora of technical cocoa knowledge and know-how