- 500g Marshmallow Fluff (or marshmallow)
- Spread the marshmallow fluff out on a silicone-lined sheet tray into a thin layer. Note: The more surface area, the better.
- Torch the top. Dehydrate at 93°C/200°F for 1.5 hours or until dry.
- Place the dehydrated fluff in a blender and blend into a fine powder.
- Place in an airtight container. A silica packet will help keep it dry.
- 14g Gelatin
- 70g Water (cold)
- 392g Granulated Sugar
- 125g Water
- 8g Vanilla Paste
- 50g Water (ice-cold)
- Cornstarch (for dusting)
- Bloom the gelatin in 70g cold water and set aside. Once bloomed, place in the bowl of a stand mixer.
- Combine the granulated sugar and 125g water in a pot. Cook to 115°C/240°F.
- Pour the cooked sugar syrup over the gelatin. Whisk on high speed for about 5 minutes and cool to the touch.
- Add in the vanilla paste. Stream in the 50g ice-cold water.
- Spread the marshmallow into a sprayed and parchment-lined sheet tray. Allow to set before cutting to desired shape and size.
- Once cut, toss in the cornstarch and reserve in an airtight container.
- 227g Milk
- 40g (4T) deZaan Hot Cocoa Mix
- 56g (8T) Roasted Marshmallow Powder
- Heat the milk to 65°C/149°F.
- Blend in the hot cocoa mix and roasted marshmallow powder until smooth.
- Place the hot cocoa in a desired serving cup.
- Place the marshmallow on the top and torch.
- Sprinkle the top with crumbled graham cracker.
Do you Know Cocoa?
The deZaan cocoa handbook developed exclusively for chefs and artisans is out now!
Excel your cocoa knowledge and be inspired with our distinguished book, meticulously developed by expert chefs and combining 110 years of cocoa knowledge.
Providing an abundance of cocoa knowledge and guidance, our just launched Know Cocoa book is going to be a firm favorite on your shelves and screens for 2023 and beyond. It’s the guide you’ve been waiting for. Excel your cocoa knowledge with deZaan and be excited!
deZaan is putting cocoa powder at the forefront of the table. With this range chefs can understand the ingredients at a more intimate level, which offers better control when creating new flavors, colors, and textures.
In our chef-led book, you will be given the scoop on:
- Revelatory cocoa cooking tips from our expert chefs and chef partners
- The six elements of cocoa powder and why they matter
- The difference pH and fat content can make for precision in your recipes
- The story of cocoa powder from bean to shelf
- How to convert recipes from chocolate to cocoa powder
- Original flavor pairings
- 27 foundational and inspirational recipes including technical deep dives
- A plethora of technical cocoa knowledge and know-how