- 650g Bread Flour
- 50g Terra Rossa Cocoa powder
- 340g Cold Water
- 70g Unsalted Butter (soft)
- 16g Kosher Salt
- 500g Roll-in Butter
- Place 90% of the water in a bowl. Combine cocoa, flour, salt and unsalted butter, and add to the bowl.
- Using a dough hook mix on speed 1 for 3 minutes, add remaining water and continue mixing for another 3 minutes. Shape into a rectangle and allow to rest in fridge.
- Laminate with roll in butter.
- Allow laminated dough to rest in fridge or freeze for at least 24 hours. Once rested, sheet out to desired thickness. Bake in between two sheet pans lined with parchment paper, for 40 minutes 360 °F/ 180°C. Cut to desired shape, using a serrated knife whilst pastry is still warm.
- 825g Condensed Milk
- 198g Butter
- 200g Light Brown Sugar
- 80g Glucose
- 1 Vanilla Pod
- 4-5 Green Cardomon Pods
- 2 Bananas (roughly chopped)
- In a dry pan, crush and toast the cardamon pods. Add the rest of the ingredients and cook for 10-15 minutes until a deep golden color (118°C). Whisk constantly to avoid catching on the bottom of pan. Strain through a chinois.
- Pour into a lined tray and allow to crystalise overnight, covered. Pipe into long cylinders, chill and cut to length.
- 250ml Whipping Cream
- 20g Granulated Sugar
- ½tsp Vanilla Extract
- Place cream, sugar and vanilla extract in a bowl and whip until soft peaks
- Place in pipping bag with round nozzle
- Cut puff pastry to desired size
- Cut the caramel cylinders to the same length and chill until needed
- Place 4 caramel cylinders on the outside of 2 pieces of puff pastry.
- Using a round piping tip, pipe vanilla chantilly in between.
- Assemble on top of each and finish with last pieces of puff pastry. Finally dust of Crimson Red Cocoa powder.
Do you Know Cocoa?
The deZaan cocoa handbook developed exclusively for chefs and artisans is out now!
Excel your cocoa knowledge and be inspired with our distinguished book, meticulously developed by expert chefs and combining 110 years of cocoa knowledge.
Providing an abundance of cocoa knowledge and guidance, our just launched Know Cocoa book is going to be a firm favorite on your shelves and screens for 2023 and beyond. It’s the guide you’ve been waiting for. Excel your cocoa knowledge with deZaan and be excited!
deZaan is putting cocoa powder at the forefront of the table. With this range chefs can understand the ingredients at a more intimate level, which offers better control when creating new flavors, colors, and textures.
In our chef-led book, you will be given the scoop on:
- Revelatory cocoa cooking tips from our expert chefs and chef partners
- The six elements of cocoa powder and why they matter
- The difference pH and fat content can make for precision in your recipes
- The story of cocoa powder from bean to shelf
- How to convert recipes from chocolate to cocoa powder
- Original flavor pairings
- 27 foundational and inspirational recipes including technical deep dives
- A plethora of technical cocoa knowledge and know-how