- 227g Bread Flour
- 8g deZaan Carbon Black Cocoa Powder
- 113g Water (room temp.)
- 28g Butter (room temp.)
- 28g Vegetable Oil
- 7g Instant Yeast
- 5g Sugar
- 2g Baking Soda
- 3g Salt
- 3g Lime Juice
- 3g Barley Malt Syrup
For garnish: Dried Marigold, Dried Violets, Dried Rose, Fresh Thyme, Sea Salt, Egg White (whisked - for brushing)
- Combine all the ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook. Mix to full gluten development, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly greased bowl and let rest for about 10 minutes. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F.
- Divide the dough into quarters. On a flour-dusted work surface, roll out each piece until very thin, 1mm to 4mm thick.
- Transfer the sheet of dough to a piece of parchment and cut the dough into 3.75cm squares.
- Bake for about 2 minutes, or until the crackers have puffed up.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 150°C/300°F and bake for 5 to 8 minutes more. The crackers should be crisp.
- Meanwhile, combine all the ingredients for the garnish.
- Remove the crackers from the oven, brush the tops with egg white, and sprinkle with the garnish mixture. Bake for about 2 minutes more.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Do you Know Cocoa?
The deZaan cocoa handbook developed exclusively for chefs and artisans is out now!
Excel your cocoa knowledge and be inspired with our distinguished book, meticulously developed by expert chefs and combining 110 years of cocoa knowledge.
Providing an abundance of cocoa knowledge and guidance, our just launched Know Cocoa book is going to be a firm favorite on your shelves and screens for 2023 and beyond. It’s the guide you’ve been waiting for. Excel your cocoa knowledge with deZaan and be excited!
deZaan is putting cocoa powder at the forefront of the table. With this range chefs can understand the ingredients at a more intimate level, which offers better control when creating new flavors, colors, and textures.
In our chef-led book, you will be given the scoop on:
- Revelatory cocoa cooking tips from our expert chefs and chef partners
- The six elements of cocoa powder and why they matter
- The difference pH and fat content can make for precision in your recipes
- The story of cocoa powder from bean to shelf
- How to convert recipes from chocolate to cocoa powder
- Original flavor pairings
- 27 foundational and inspirational recipes including technical deep dives
- A plethora of technical cocoa knowledge and know-how