- 75g Japanese Rice
- 125g Koji Rice
- 150g Water (for cooking)
- 143g Cold Water (for cooling)
- 175g Warm Water (for diluting)
- 20g deZaan Crimson Red cocoa powder
- Wash the japanese rice and soak for 1 minute, drain off the excess water.
- Add the washed rice and water for cooking to a pot, simmer until it attains a porridge consistency.
- Add the cold water for cooling to the porridge and cool it down to about 60°C.
- Add the koji rice to the porridge and ferment them covered at 60°C for 8-12hours.*
- Blend the koji rice, Crimson Red cocoa powder and warm water until smooth.
- Beverage tastes best when served warm.
- if you leave this to fermet for longer or at lower tempratures this can develop alcohol
Do you Know Cocoa?
The deZaan cocoa handbook developed exclusively for chefs and artisans is out now!
Excel your cocoa knowledge and be inspired with our distinguished book, meticulously developed by expert chefs and combining 110 years of cocoa knowledge.
Providing an abundance of cocoa knowledge and guidance, our just launched Know Cocoa book is going to be a firm favorite on your shelves and screens for 2023 and beyond. It’s the guide you’ve been waiting for. Excel your cocoa knowledge with deZaan and be excited!
deZaan is putting cocoa powder at the forefront of the table. With this range chefs can understand the ingredients at a more intimate level, which offers better control when creating new flavors, colors, and textures.
In our chef-led book, you will be given the scoop on:
- Revelatory cocoa cooking tips from our expert chefs and chef partners
- The six elements of cocoa powder and why they matter
- The difference pH and fat content can make for precision in your recipes
- The story of cocoa powder from bean to shelf
- How to convert recipes from chocolate to cocoa powder
- Original flavor pairings
- 27 foundational and inspirational recipes including technical deep dives
- A plethora of technical cocoa knowledge and know-how