- 920g Powdered Sugar
- 200g Water
- 10g deZaan Carbon Black Cocoa Powder
- Sift the powdered sugar and deZaan carbon black cocoa powder.
- Mix in the water until smooth.
- Keep covered until needed.
- 420g Vegetable Oil
- 840g Granulated Sugar
- 168g Eggs
- 840g AP Flour
- 168g deZaan Carbon Black Cocoa Powder
- 49g Baking Soda
- 16g Salt
- 672g Buttermilk
- 686g Coffee (Hot)
- Combine and sift all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Combine the oil and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer. Mix to combine.
- Add the eggs in and make sure that the mixture is emulsified.
- Alternate adding of the dry mixture with the buttermilk.
- On low speed, stream in the coffee.
- Spray the skull baking mold. Pour the batter in ¾ of the way.
- Bake at 180°C/350°F.
- Allow the cakes to cool in the pan. Once cooled, trip the tops off and then remove from the pan. Place the cakes onto a wire rack.
Do you Know Cocoa?
The deZaan cocoa handbook developed exclusively for chefs and artisans is out now!
Excel your cocoa knowledge and be inspired with our distinguished book, meticulously developed by expert chefs and combining 110 years of cocoa knowledge.
Providing an abundance of cocoa knowledge and guidance, our just launched Know Cocoa book is going to be a firm favorite on your shelves and screens for 2023 and beyond. It’s the guide you’ve been waiting for. Excel your cocoa knowledge with deZaan and be excited!
deZaan is putting cocoa powder at the forefront of the table. With this range chefs can understand the ingredients at a more intimate level, which offers better control when creating new flavors, colors, and textures.
In our chef-led book, you will be given the scoop on:
- Revelatory cocoa cooking tips from our expert chefs and chef partners
- The six elements of cocoa powder and why they matter
- The difference pH and fat content can make for precision in your recipes
- The story of cocoa powder from bean to shelf
- How to convert recipes from chocolate to cocoa powder
- Original flavor pairings
- 27 foundational and inspirational recipes including technical deep dives
- A plethora of technical cocoa knowledge and know-how