- 220g heavy cream
- 70g deZaan True Gold cocoa powder
- 240g white chocolate
- 250g heavy cream
- Whip 250g of heavy cream to medium peaks and set aside.
- Bring 220g of heavy cream to simmer. Add cocoa powder and mix to combine.
- Pour cocoa mix over white chocolate and emulsify.
- Fold in whipped cream and mix until smooth.
- 60g ap flour
- 60g butter
- 45g confectioners’ sugar
- 35g deZaan True Gold cocoa powder
- 20g almond flour
- In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment mix all ingredients together until crumbled.
- Bake at 350F for 12-14 minutes.
- Let cooldown.
- 130g sugar
- 320g apple dices
- 30g butter
- 90g heavy cream
- 1 vanilla pod
- 4g silver gelatin sheets
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Soak the gelatin in ice water until soft; squeeze out excess water and set aside.
- Cut apples in small dices and keep in cold water with some drops of lime juice (to prevent them of turning brown)
- Add sugar in a small pot and make a deep amber caramel.
- Add butter, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla bean, followed by heavy cream, mix to incorporate.
- Strain apple dices and add apples to the caramel sauce. Cook until tender.
- Add bloomed gelatin and mix to incorporate.
- 100g heavy cream
- 100g white chocolate
- 15g glucose syrup
- 5g ground cinnamon
- 200g heavy cream
- Soak the gelatin in ice water until softened,
- In a small pot, bring heavy cream, cinnamon and glucose syrup to simmer, stir gelatin to dissolve and pour over the chocolate. Make an emulsion with the help of a hand blender and add the second heavy cream.
- Let set in cooler for 6 hours and whip before use.
- Fill each verrine glass with 80 grams of compote and let set in the cooler for 1 hour.
- Pipe 130 grams of mousse on top of the compote and let set in the cooler for 1 more hour.
- Finish with cocoa crumble. Some dots of cinnamon cream and top with apple chips.
Do you Know Cocoa?
The deZaan cocoa handbook developed exclusively for chefs and artisans is out now!
Excel your cocoa knowledge and be inspired with our distinguished book, meticulously developed by expert chefs and combining 110 years of cocoa knowledge.
Providing an abundance of cocoa knowledge and guidance, our just launched Know Cocoa book is going to be a firm favorite on your shelves and screens for 2023 and beyond. It’s the guide you’ve been waiting for. Excel your cocoa knowledge with deZaan and be excited!
deZaan is putting cocoa powder at the forefront of the table. With this range chefs can understand the ingredients at a more intimate level, which offers better control when creating new flavors, colors, and textures.
In our chef-led book, you will be given the scoop on:
- Revelatory cocoa cooking tips from our expert chefs and chef partners
- The six elements of cocoa powder and why they matter
- The difference pH and fat content can make for precision in your recipes
- The story of cocoa powder from bean to shelf
- How to convert recipes from chocolate to cocoa powder
- Original flavor pairings
- 27 foundational and inspirational recipes including technical deep dives
- A plethora of technical cocoa knowledge and know-how