- 345g Almond Milk
- 15g Apple Cider Vinegar
- 140g Granulated Sugar
- 235g Flour
- 20g deZaan True Gold Cocoa Powder
- 3g Baking Powder
- 108g Sunflower Oil
- 12g Cocoa Butter (melted)
- 10g Vanilla Sugar
- Zest of ½ Lemon
- Zest of ½ Orange
- Preheat the oven to 165°C/325°F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper or lightly oil it and dust with a light, even coating of flour.
- In a bowl, combine the almond milk, vinegar, and granulated sugar and mix until just combined.
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder into the bowl and mix until just combined; do not to overmix.
- Gently stir in the oil and melted cocoa butter.
- Scrape down the bowl, add the vanilla sugar and lemon and orange zests, and mix once more until just combined. Transfer the batter to the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, checking for doneness with a knife.
- Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Unmold the pound cake onto a wire rack and let cool completely.
- 90g Cocoa Butter
- 30g Grapeseed Oil
- 50g deZaan True Gold Cocoa Powder
- 50g Granulated Sugar
- 20g Puffed Quinoa
- 20g Coarsely Chopped
- Toasted Almonds
- In a bain-marie, melt the cocoa butter and grapeseed oil, stirring to combine.
- Mix in the cocoa powder and sugar with an immersion blender.
- Fold in the quinoa and almonds.
- Glaze the pound cake at 35°C/95°F.
Do you Know Cocoa?
The deZaan cocoa handbook developed exclusively for chefs and artisans is out now!
Excel your cocoa knowledge and be inspired with our distinguished book, meticulously developed by expert chefs and combining 110 years of cocoa knowledge.
Providing an abundance of cocoa knowledge and guidance, our just launched Know Cocoa book is going to be a firm favorite on your shelves and screens for 2023 and beyond. It’s the guide you’ve been waiting for. Excel your cocoa knowledge with deZaan and be excited!
deZaan is putting cocoa powder at the forefront of the table. With this range chefs can understand the ingredients at a more intimate level, which offers better control when creating new flavors, colors, and textures.
In our chef-led book, you will be given the scoop on:
- Revelatory cocoa cooking tips from our expert chefs and chef partners
- The six elements of cocoa powder and why they matter
- The difference pH and fat content can make for precision in your recipes
- The story of cocoa powder from bean to shelf
- How to convert recipes from chocolate to cocoa powder
- Original flavor pairings
- 27 foundational and inspirational recipes including technical deep dives
- A plethora of technical cocoa knowledge and know-how