- Olive Oil 50g
- Onion 300g
- Carrot 280g (cleaned)
- Fresh tomatoes 80g
- Celery 50g
- Butternut squash 50g
- Black Beans 200g
- Garlic puree 20g
- Tomato puree 45ml
- Vegetable broth 380ml
- Water 380ml
- Lime juice 1 piece
- Worcestershire sauce 20ml
- Chilli Powder 9g
- Butternut Squash Cubed & roasted 100g
- 10g deZaan True Dark
- 15g deZaan Rich Terracotta
Vegan Crème Fraiche for finishing (used oatly Crème Oat Fraiche)
- In a large (deep) saucepan, sweat onions with oil until soft. (medium to high heat)
- Add in carrots and celery cook to a lightly brown color.
- Lower heat to low/medium heat. Add in tomatoes, butternut squash. Stir.
- Add in black beans and the rest of the ingredients except for the cocoa powders.
- Simmer on low heat until beans have been cooked through.
- Add in Cocoa powders and stir (addition of cocoa powder can be adjusted by personal taste)
- Allow to simmer for another 10-15 min.
- Transfer to desired serving bowls and garnish with roasted butternut squash cubes and a quenelle of vegan crème fraiche.
Do you Know Cocoa?
The deZaan cocoa handbook developed exclusively for chefs and artisans is out now!
Excel your cocoa knowledge and be inspired with our distinguished book, meticulously developed by expert chefs and combining 110 years of cocoa knowledge.
Providing an abundance of cocoa knowledge and guidance, our just launched Know Cocoa book is going to be a firm favorite on your shelves and screens for 2023 and beyond. It’s the guide you’ve been waiting for. Excel your cocoa knowledge with deZaan and be excited!
deZaan is putting cocoa powder at the forefront of the table. With this range chefs can understand the ingredients at a more intimate level, which offers better control when creating new flavors, colors, and textures.
In our chef-led book, you will be given the scoop on:
- Revelatory cocoa cooking tips from our expert chefs and chef partners
- The six elements of cocoa powder and why they matter
- The difference pH and fat content can make for precision in your recipes
- The story of cocoa powder from bean to shelf
- How to convert recipes from chocolate to cocoa powder
- Original flavor pairings
- 27 foundational and inspirational recipes including technical deep dives
- A plethora of technical cocoa knowledge and know-how