- 25ml Brandy
- 150ml Single Cream
- 15g Brown Sugar
- 15g Cocoa Powder (True Gold)
- 4g Corn flour
Other alcohols can also be used such as, bourbon, sherry or rum.
- Prepare a cool bowl in the refrigerator.
- In a saucepan, add cream, brandy and all dry ingredients. Whisk thoroughly until well combined.
- Bring to a low boil for 1 minute.
- Take off heat and pour into cooled bowl to allow a faster cooling process.
- Once cool, pour over ice.
- Enjoy with some chocolate shavings, or cocoa nibs for a more intense cocoa flavor.
Do you Know Cocoa?
The deZaan cocoa handbook developed exclusively for chefs and artisans is out now!
Excel your cocoa knowledge and be inspired with our distinguished book, meticulously developed by expert chefs and combining 110 years of cocoa knowledge.
Providing an abundance of cocoa knowledge and guidance, our just launched Know Cocoa book is going to be a firm favorite on your shelves and screens for 2023 and beyond. It’s the guide you’ve been waiting for. Excel your cocoa knowledge with deZaan and be excited!
deZaan is putting cocoa powder at the forefront of the table. With this range chefs can understand the ingredients at a more intimate level, which offers better control when creating new flavors, colors, and textures.
In our chef-led book, you will be given the scoop on:
- Revelatory cocoa cooking tips from our expert chefs and chef partners
- The six elements of cocoa powder and why they matter
- The difference pH and fat content can make for precision in your recipes
- The story of cocoa powder from bean to shelf
- How to convert recipes from chocolate to cocoa powder
- Original flavor pairings
- 27 foundational and inspirational recipes including technical deep dives
- A plethora of technical cocoa knowledge and know-how