- 45g Cocoa Powder - True Gold
- 50g Brown Sugar
- 50g Glucose
- 100ml Almond Milk
- 30g Cocoa Butter Chips
- 100g Chopped Dried Fruit - Apricots, Raisins, Cranberries, Cherries
- 100g Chopped Nuts - Almonds, Hazels, Macadamia
- Prepare a deep baking pan with baking paper.
- Chop toasted nuts and dried fruit and set aside in a bowl.
- In a heat-proof bowl add the cocoa butter, allowing it to melt gently (do not allow to surpass 45ºC). Once melted, add cocoa powder and blend thoroughly making sure there are no lumps.
- In a saucepan, add the sugar, glucose and almond milk. Bring to a rolling boil.
- Take off the heat and add the cocoa butter and powder mixture, stirring to fully incorporate ingredients.
- Pour over the nuts and dried fruit mixture. Mix thoroughly so all dry ingredients are entirely coated in the chocolate mixture.
- Press the mixture into the prepared pan and let set.
- When firm to touch cut into desired portions.
- Store in an air-tight container.
Do you Know Cocoa?
The deZaan cocoa handbook developed exclusively for chefs and artisans is out now!
Excel your cocoa knowledge and be inspired with our distinguished book, meticulously developed by expert chefs and combining 110 years of cocoa knowledge.
Providing an abundance of cocoa knowledge and guidance, our just launched Know Cocoa book is going to be a firm favorite on your shelves and screens for 2023 and beyond. It’s the guide you’ve been waiting for. Excel your cocoa knowledge with deZaan and be excited!
deZaan is putting cocoa powder at the forefront of the table. With this range chefs can understand the ingredients at a more intimate level, which offers better control when creating new flavors, colors, and textures.
In our chef-led book, you will be given the scoop on:
- Revelatory cocoa cooking tips from our expert chefs and chef partners
- The six elements of cocoa powder and why they matter
- The difference pH and fat content can make for precision in your recipes
- The story of cocoa powder from bean to shelf
- How to convert recipes from chocolate to cocoa powder
- Original flavor pairings
- 27 foundational and inspirational recipes including technical deep dives
- A plethora of technical cocoa knowledge and know-how