- 250g Water
- 250g Granulated Sugar
- 30g Fresh Ginger
- 3g Lime Zest
- Combine the water, sugar, ginger, and lime zest in a pot.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and turn off the heat. Cover and let steep for 20 minutes.
- Strain and chill.
- 300g Whole Milk
- 150g Sugar
- 70g Dry Milk Powder (non-fat)
- 4g Versawhip
- 0.6 g Xanthan Gum
- Heat the milk, sugar, and dry milk powder to a simmer while constantly stirring. Blend until smooth and chill.
- Once chilled, place the milk base into the bowl of a stand mixer. Add in the verswhip and xanthan gum.
- With the whisk attachment, whip on high speed until thick and foamy.
- Reserve chilled until needed. It can be re-whipped when needed.
- 100g Whole Milk
- 60g Heavy Cream
- 40g deZaan Hot Cocoa Mix
- 38g Dark Rum
- 32g Ginger Lime Syrup
- Milk Foam
- Combine the milk, heavy cream, and hot cocoa mix in a pot. Heat to 65°C/149°F. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a serving cup and mix in the rum and ginger lime syrup. Stir to combine.
- Top with the milk foam. Using a micro plane, top the foam with lime zest.
Do you Know Cocoa?
The deZaan cocoa handbook developed exclusively for chefs and artisans is out now!
Excel your cocoa knowledge and be inspired with our distinguished book, meticulously developed by expert chefs and combining 110 years of cocoa knowledge.
Providing an abundance of cocoa knowledge and guidance, our just launched Know Cocoa book is going to be a firm favorite on your shelves and screens for 2023 and beyond. It’s the guide you’ve been waiting for. Excel your cocoa knowledge with deZaan and be excited!
deZaan is putting cocoa powder at the forefront of the table. With this range chefs can understand the ingredients at a more intimate level, which offers better control when creating new flavors, colors, and textures.
In our chef-led book, you will be given the scoop on:
- Revelatory cocoa cooking tips from our expert chefs and chef partners
- The six elements of cocoa powder and why they matter
- The difference pH and fat content can make for precision in your recipes
- The story of cocoa powder from bean to shelf
- How to convert recipes from chocolate to cocoa powder
- Original flavor pairings
- 27 foundational and inspirational recipes including technical deep dives
- A plethora of technical cocoa knowledge and know-how