- 135g Flour
- 30g True Dark Cocoa Powder
- 2g Baking Powder
- 2g Baking Soda
- 1g Salt
- 90g Sugar (Caster)
- 70ml Milk
- 75ml Yogurt
- 30g Butter (Melted)
- ½ Vanilla Bean (or ¼ Teaspoon Vanilla Extract)
- Pinch of Ground Nutmeg
- ½ Teaspoon of Ground Coffee (Optional)
- Toasted Cocoa Nibs and Kasha for Finishing
- Preheat oven to 180ºC. Prepare doughnut moulds by greasing lightly with oil or butter. Set aside until ready to use.
- Sift all dry ingredients into a bowl (excluding sugar).
- In another bowl, add all wet ingredients and sugar. Mix until well combined.
- Add mixed wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Do this in 2-3 stages stirring in between each stage to prevent lumps.
- The batter will be quite thick. Spoon batter into moulds.
- Bake for about 9-10 minutes at 180ºC or until knife comes out clean.
- 140g Icing Sugar
- 10g Liquid Glucose
- 30g True Dark Cocoa Powder
- 2.5 Tablespoon Milk
- In a bowl sift all dry ingredients.
- Add in glucose and stir thoroughly.
- Stream in the milk while stirring. If glaze is too thick add a bit more of milk.
- Ready to use immediately.
NOTE: THIS GLAZE IF FOR IMMEDIATE CONSUMPTION.
- Prepare a wire rack over a sheet tray (lined with plastic film wrap).
- Line up the completely cool doughnuts on the wire rack about 3cm apart.
- Once glaze is ready, pour over doughnuts.
- Let sit until set. Finish with toasted cocoa nibs and toasted kasha.
- Prepare glaze in a medium size bowl.
- Once doughnuts are completely cool, dip top half of doughnut into the glaze.
- Slightly shake excess glaze to get a clean edge.
- Place on a sheet tray prepare with baking paper until completely set. Finish with toasted cocoa nib and toasted kasha.
Do you Know Cocoa?
The deZaan cocoa handbook developed exclusively for chefs and artisans is out now!
Excel your cocoa knowledge and be inspired with our distinguished book, meticulously developed by expert chefs and combining 110 years of cocoa knowledge.
Providing an abundance of cocoa knowledge and guidance, our just launched Know Cocoa book is going to be a firm favorite on your shelves and screens for 2023 and beyond. It’s the guide you’ve been waiting for. Excel your cocoa knowledge with deZaan and be excited!
deZaan is putting cocoa powder at the forefront of the table. With this range chefs can understand the ingredients at a more intimate level, which offers better control when creating new flavors, colors, and textures.
In our chef-led book, you will be given the scoop on:
- Revelatory cocoa cooking tips from our expert chefs and chef partners
- The six elements of cocoa powder and why they matter
- The difference pH and fat content can make for precision in your recipes
- The story of cocoa powder from bean to shelf
- How to convert recipes from chocolate to cocoa powder
- Original flavor pairings
- 27 foundational and inspirational recipes including technical deep dives
- A plethora of technical cocoa knowledge and know-how