- 150g Salted Butter
- 225g Sugar
- 50g Cocoa Powder - Terra Rossa
- 50g Flour
- 4g Baking Powder
- 100g Toasted & chopped Hazelnuts
- 100g (2) Eggs
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C fan-assisted (356°F). Prepare a deep square cake pan by lining with baking paper and lightly greasing with a little oil or butter.
- In a mixing bowl, add the butter, sugar and cocoa powder. Melt the butter over a bain-marie (low heat) stirring to fully incorporate ingredients.
- Once butter is melted and well incorporated, take off heat.
- Mix in remaining dry ingredients and eggs until fully incorporated.
- Pour Brownie mixture into cake pan, spreading it evenly through the pan.
- Bake for 18 minutes. A crust should form on top while the mixture stays slightly gooey underneath.
- Once ready remove from oven, leave for 20 minutes to cool before turning onto a cooling rack. Cut into 12-16 portions once cooled.
Do you Know Cocoa?
The deZaan cocoa handbook developed exclusively for chefs and artisans is out now!
Excel your cocoa knowledge and be inspired with our distinguished book, meticulously developed by expert chefs and combining 110 years of cocoa knowledge.
Providing an abundance of cocoa knowledge and guidance, our just launched Know Cocoa book is going to be a firm favorite on your shelves and screens for 2023 and beyond. It’s the guide you’ve been waiting for. Excel your cocoa knowledge with deZaan and be excited!
deZaan is putting cocoa powder at the forefront of the table. With this range chefs can understand the ingredients at a more intimate level, which offers better control when creating new flavors, colors, and textures.
In our chef-led book, you will be given the scoop on:
- Revelatory cocoa cooking tips from our expert chefs and chef partners
- The six elements of cocoa powder and why they matter
- The difference pH and fat content can make for precision in your recipes
- The story of cocoa powder from bean to shelf
- How to convert recipes from chocolate to cocoa powder
- Original flavor pairings
- 27 foundational and inspirational recipes including technical deep dives
- A plethora of technical cocoa knowledge and know-how