- 1000g Water
- 80g deZaan Carbon Black Cocoa Powder
- 275g Dark Brown Sugar
- 75g Large Tapioca Pearls
- In a pot, add water, cocoa powder, and sugar. Mix thoroughly and bring to 65°C/149°F.
- Add in the tapioca pearls making sure the mixture is always at a soft boil to prevent the tapioca pearls from settling at the bottom and burning.
- Cook on a low heat until the tapioca pearls have been cooked through.
- Once cooked through, strain the liquid into a container. Cool down completely.
- Rinse the pearls out with cold water.
- Transfer back to reserved cooled liquid.
- 2250g Almond Milk (unsweetened)
- 50g Black Tea Leaves
- 100g deZaan True Gold Cocoa Powder
- 500g Condensed Milk (sweetened)
- Steep tea in hot almond milk for approx. 5 minutes.
- Strain the almond tea into a pot.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the pot and bring to a simmer, making sure that the condensed milk has been dissolved.
- Mix thoroughly. Take off the heat and strain into a container.
- Cool completely and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- 1000g Coconut Cream (min 25% fat)
- 5g Kaffir Lime Leaves (fresh)
- 50g Granulated Sugar
- Bring all the ingredients to a soft boil and infuse overnight in the fridge. Reserve until ready to serve.
- Whip when needed to the desired thickness.
- Serve immediately.
- Once all the components are made, start by adding 10g of carbon black pearls to the bottom of a tall glass.
- Pour in true gold almond tea, filling approx. ¾ of the glass.
- Add the whipped kaffir coconut cream.
- Decorate with a kaffir lime leaf (optional).
Do you Know Cocoa?
The deZaan cocoa handbook developed exclusively for chefs and artisans is out now!
Excel your cocoa knowledge and be inspired with our distinguished book, meticulously developed by expert chefs and combining 110 years of cocoa knowledge.
Providing an abundance of cocoa knowledge and guidance, our just launched Know Cocoa book is going to be a firm favorite on your shelves and screens for 2023 and beyond. It’s the guide you’ve been waiting for. Excel your cocoa knowledge with deZaan and be excited!
deZaan is putting cocoa powder at the forefront of the table. With this range chefs can understand the ingredients at a more intimate level, which offers better control when creating new flavors, colors, and textures.
In our chef-led book, you will be given the scoop on:
- Revelatory cocoa cooking tips from our expert chefs and chef partners
- The six elements of cocoa powder and why they matter
- The difference pH and fat content can make for precision in your recipes
- The story of cocoa powder from bean to shelf
- How to convert recipes from chocolate to cocoa powder
- Original flavor pairings
- 27 foundational and inspirational recipes including technical deep dives
- A plethora of technical cocoa knowledge and know-how