- 165g Hot Cocoa Base
- 140g (1 cup) Crushed Ice
- 50g (1/2 cup) Vanilla Ice Cream
- In a blender, blend the hot cocoa base and crushed ice until smooth.
- Portion ¾ of the drink into a tall serving glass.
- Blend the remaining mix with a 50g scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Pour this over the base to top off the glass.
- 454g Heavy Cream
- 9g Vanilla Bean Paste
- 40g Granulated Sugar
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, whisk the heavy cream to soft peaks.
- Add in the vanilla paste and gradually add in the granulated sugar. Whisk to medium peaks.
- Reserve in a pipping bag with a large star tip.
- Whipped Cream
- Cocoa Nibs (for garnishing)
- Gold Leaf (for garnishing)
- Once the frozen hot cocoa is blended and layered, top with the whipped cream.
- Garnish with cocoa nibs and gold leaf.
Do you Know Cocoa?
The deZaan cocoa handbook developed exclusively for chefs and artisans is out now!
Excel your cocoa knowledge and be inspired with our distinguished book, meticulously developed by expert chefs and combining 110 years of cocoa knowledge.
Providing an abundance of cocoa knowledge and guidance, our just launched Know Cocoa book is going to be a firm favorite on your shelves and screens for 2023 and beyond. It’s the guide you’ve been waiting for. Excel your cocoa knowledge with deZaan and be excited!
deZaan is putting cocoa powder at the forefront of the table. With this range chefs can understand the ingredients at a more intimate level, which offers better control when creating new flavors, colors, and textures.
In our chef-led book, you will be given the scoop on:
- Revelatory cocoa cooking tips from our expert chefs and chef partners
- The six elements of cocoa powder and why they matter
- The difference pH and fat content can make for precision in your recipes
- The story of cocoa powder from bean to shelf
- How to convert recipes from chocolate to cocoa powder
- Original flavor pairings
- 27 foundational and inspirational recipes including technical deep dives
- A plethora of technical cocoa knowledge and know-how