- 5 Eggs
- 150g Castor Sugar
- 50g deZaan True Dark Cocoa Powder
- 50g Plain Flour
- 30g Corn Flour
- Warm the sugar in an oven at 160°C for 10 minutes. Then pour onto the whisking whole eggs.
- Whisk on full speed for 8 minutes. Then remove from the machine and with a hand whisk fold through the sieved dry ingredients.
- Spread evenly on a baking mat and bake at 190°C for 6 minutes.
- Remove from the tray once baked and peel off the mat gently.
- Once the sponge is completely cold, spread the entire sheet with chocolate buttercream and chopped cherries and roll up into a tight log.
- Then comb scrape the buttercream on the outside of the logs.
- 350g Castor Sugar
- 120g Water
- 125g Egg Whites
- 500g Unsalted Butter
- 300g Dark Chocolate
- 25g deZaan True Dark Cocoa Powder
- Cook the sugar and water to 121°C.
- Once the sugar reaches 110°C, start to whisk the egg whites on full speed in a mixing machine.
- Pour the sugar over the whites turning down the speed when the sugar syrup is added.
- Whisk the meringue until it is cold.
- Then add the softened butter and deZaan True Dark cocoa powder and whisk until smooth.
- Finally melt the chocolate and pour this into the buttercream.
Do you Know Cocoa?
The deZaan cocoa handbook developed exclusively for chefs and artisans is out now!
Excel your cocoa knowledge and be inspired with our distinguished book, meticulously developed by expert chefs and combining 110 years of cocoa knowledge.
Providing an abundance of cocoa knowledge and guidance, our just launched Know Cocoa book is going to be a firm favorite on your shelves and screens for 2023 and beyond. It’s the guide you’ve been waiting for. Excel your cocoa knowledge with deZaan and be excited!
deZaan is putting cocoa powder at the forefront of the table. With this range chefs can understand the ingredients at a more intimate level, which offers better control when creating new flavors, colors, and textures.
In our chef-led book, you will be given the scoop on:
- Revelatory cocoa cooking tips from our expert chefs and chef partners
- The six elements of cocoa powder and why they matter
- The difference pH and fat content can make for precision in your recipes
- The story of cocoa powder from bean to shelf
- How to convert recipes from chocolate to cocoa powder
- Original flavor pairings
- 27 foundational and inspirational recipes including technical deep dives
- A plethora of technical cocoa knowledge and know-how