- 166g Medium protein flour (Plain flour)
- 40g deZaan Deep Russet
- 100g Unsalted Butter
- 2g Salt
- 42g Icing Sugar
- 33g Eggs
- Combine flour, butter, salt, icing sugar, deZaan Deep Russet, and mix until a sandy texture is formed.
- Add eggs and knead just enough to form a dough.
- Rest in chiller for at least 30 minutes.
- Rolled the dough into 3mm thick.
- Line in ring and stack with baking rice. Bake in tart ring at 160℃ for 12 min, remove the rice and continue to bake for 6-7 minutes.
- Allow to cool before using.
- 250g Fresh Milk
- 63g Sugar
- 1g Salt
- 40g Egg yolk
- 23g Corn starch
- 25g Unsalted butter
- 20g deZaan Deep Russet
- Whisk together corn starch, sugar, and salt.
- Add in yolk and whisk until mix well.
- Boil Milk and deZaan Deep Russet.
- Slowly temper the milk into the egg mix while constantly whisking.
- Heat the mixture above until thickened (83℃) while constantly stirring.
- Remove from heat and fold in butter to mix well
- Transfer to a bowl and cover with a cling wrap directly on the pastry cream, chill to cool.
- 250g Pineapple
- 20g Sugar
- 1g Clove
- Boil all ingredient until caramelized and brown.
- 200g Whipping cream
- 20g Icing Sugar
- 1/4nos Vanilla pod
- Whisk all ingredient until medium peak.
- 200g Pineapple Slices
- 100g Sugar
- 135g water
- Bring all ingredients to a boil.
- Transfer the pineapple slices to a silicone baking pad (silpat) and bake at 90℃ for a minimum of 3 hours or until dry.
- Fill 25g of pineapple filling on the tart shell.
- Add the cream patisserie until full.
- Pipe cream chantilly on top of the Tart.
- Sift cocoa powder on top of chantilly to give some color.
- Add the dehydrated pineapple on top of piped chantilly as decoration.
Do you Know Cocoa?
The deZaan cocoa handbook developed exclusively for chefs and artisans is out now!
Excel your cocoa knowledge and be inspired with our distinguished book, meticulously developed by expert chefs and combining 110 years of cocoa knowledge.
Providing an abundance of cocoa knowledge and guidance, our just launched Know Cocoa book is going to be a firm favorite on your shelves and screens for 2023 and beyond. It’s the guide you’ve been waiting for. Excel your cocoa knowledge with deZaan and be excited!
deZaan is putting cocoa powder at the forefront of the table. With this range chefs can understand the ingredients at a more intimate level, which offers better control when creating new flavors, colors, and textures.
In our chef-led book, you will be given the scoop on:
- Revelatory cocoa cooking tips from our expert chefs and chef partners
- The six elements of cocoa powder and why they matter
- The difference pH and fat content can make for precision in your recipes
- The story of cocoa powder from bean to shelf
- How to convert recipes from chocolate to cocoa powder
- Original flavor pairings
- 27 foundational and inspirational recipes including technical deep dives
- A plethora of technical cocoa knowledge and know-how