- 14g Gelatin
- 70g Water (cold)
- 392g Granulated Sugar
- 125g Water
- 8g Vanilla Paste
- 50g Water (ice cold)
- Cornstarch (for dusting)
- Bloom the gelatin in the 70g cold water and set aside. Once bloomed, place in the bowl of a stand mixer.
- Combine the granulated sugar and the 125g water in a pot. Cook to 115°C/240°F.
- Pour the cooked sugar syrup over the gelatin. Whisk on high speed for about 5 minutes and cool to the touch.
- Add in the vanilla paste. Stream in the 50g ice cold water.
- Continue whisking until cool and holds its peaks.
- Place into a piping bag with a round tip.
- Spray a sheet tray with pan spray and place a parchment paper on the top.
- Spray the top with a thin and even layer of pan spray. Pipe the marshmallow into little kisses.
- Once the marshmallows are piped, sift the top with cornstarch.
- Allow the marshmallows to set and later toss them on the tray so that the base gets coated.
- Sift any excess starch and store in an airtight container.
- 255g All-purpose Flour
- 113g deZaan Rich Terracotta Cocoa Powder
- 3g Salt
- 227g Butter
- 340g Sugar
- 5g Vanilla Paste
- 6g Peppermint Extract
- 200g Peppermint Candy (crushed)
- 170g Eggs
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder, and salt and set aside.
- Melt the butter. Cream the butter, vanilla paste, peppermint extract, and sugar.
- Add in the eggs, a few at a time.
- Fold in the sifted dry ingredients followed by half of the crushed peppermint candy.
- Spread the batter onto a sheet tray.
- Bake at 180°C/350°F for about 40 minutes. Halfway through baking, sprinkle the remaining half of the peppermint candy on the top.
- Allow the brownies to cool before portioning. Portion into cubes for garnish.
- deZaan Hot cocoa
- Peppermint Brownie
- Crushed Peppermint Candy
- Place the hot cocoa in a desired serving cup.
- Place the marshmallows on the top.
- Dust with crushed peppermint candy.
- Place a few pieces of the peppermint brownies.
Do you Know Cocoa?
The deZaan cocoa handbook developed exclusively for chefs and artisans is out now!
Excel your cocoa knowledge and be inspired with our distinguished book, meticulously developed by expert chefs and combining 110 years of cocoa knowledge.
Providing an abundance of cocoa knowledge and guidance, our just launched Know Cocoa book is going to be a firm favorite on your shelves and screens for 2023 and beyond. It’s the guide you’ve been waiting for. Excel your cocoa knowledge with deZaan and be excited!
deZaan is putting cocoa powder at the forefront of the table. With this range chefs can understand the ingredients at a more intimate level, which offers better control when creating new flavors, colors, and textures.
In our chef-led book, you will be given the scoop on:
- Revelatory cocoa cooking tips from our expert chefs and chef partners
- The six elements of cocoa powder and why they matter
- The difference pH and fat content can make for precision in your recipes
- The story of cocoa powder from bean to shelf
- How to convert recipes from chocolate to cocoa powder
- Original flavor pairings
- 27 foundational and inspirational recipes including technical deep dives
- A plethora of technical cocoa knowledge and know-how