- 255g Butter at room temperature
- 170g Granulated Sugar
- 170g Brown Sugar
- 100g Eggs at room temperature
- 4g Vanilla Paste
- 311g Flour
- 57g deZaan True Dark cocoa powder
- 5g Salt
- 5g Baking Soda
- 224g Pistachio Paste
- Cocoa Nibs (to garnish)
- Chopped Pistachio (to garnish)
- Sea Salt (to garnish)
- Cream the butter and both sugars with a paddle attachment until light and fluffy on medium speed.
- Mix in the eggs and vanilla on low speed until combined.
- Sift the flour, deZaan True Dark cocoa powder, salt and baking soda. Add into the batter and mix on low until just combined. Mix the rest by hand with a rubber spatula, be sure to scrape the sides and bottom.
- Scoop and flatten.
- Place a scoop of pistachio paste (15g) in the center of one flatten cookie dough. Top with another flattened cookie dough and pinch the edges to seal.
- Shape into an even round. Chill.
- When ready to bake, roll the chilled cookie dough in cocoa nibs and crushed pistachios. Sprinkle the top with sea salt. Bake at 180°C/350°F for about 6-7 minutes.
Do you Know Cocoa?
The deZaan cocoa handbook developed exclusively for chefs and artisans is out now!
Excel your cocoa knowledge and be inspired with our distinguished book, meticulously developed by expert chefs and combining 110 years of cocoa knowledge.
Providing an abundance of cocoa knowledge and guidance, our just launched Know Cocoa book is going to be a firm favorite on your shelves and screens for 2023 and beyond. It’s the guide you’ve been waiting for. Excel your cocoa knowledge with deZaan and be excited!
deZaan is putting cocoa powder at the forefront of the table. With this range chefs can understand the ingredients at a more intimate level, which offers better control when creating new flavors, colors, and textures.
In our chef-led book, you will be given the scoop on:
- Revelatory cocoa cooking tips from our expert chefs and chef partners
- The six elements of cocoa powder and why they matter
- The difference pH and fat content can make for precision in your recipes
- The story of cocoa powder from bean to shelf
- How to convert recipes from chocolate to cocoa powder
- Original flavor pairings
- 27 foundational and inspirational recipes including technical deep dives
- A plethora of technical cocoa knowledge and know-how