- 200g Whole Milk
- 55g deZaan Hot Cocoa Mix
- 1g Cayenne Pepper
- 1g Cinnamon
- 8g Honey
- 20g Roasted Corn
- Keeping the corn whole with the husk still on, grill until charred and fully cooked.
- Remove and reserve the husk. Cut the corn off the cob.
- In a pot, combine the milk, corn, cayenne pepper, cinnamon, honey, and a few pieces of the husk. Bring to a boil.
- Turn off the heat, cover, and let steep for about 30 minutes.
- Remove the husk and discard.
- Blend the mixture until smooth. Strain and reserve the liquid.
- Weigh the liquid out and adjust it to 210g with whole milk if needed.
- Keep chilled until needed.
- 200g Granulated Sugar
- 200g Heavy Cream
- 4g Sea Salt
- 6g Vanilla Paste
- Caramelize the sugar to a dark amber.
- Whisk in the heavy cream, salt, and vanilla paste
- Strain and cool.
- 454g Heavy Cream
- 9g Vanilla Bean Paste
- 40g Granulated Sugar
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, whisk the heavy cream to soft peaks.
- Add in the vanilla paste and gradually add in the granulated sugar.
- Whisk to medium peaks.
- 850g Granulated Sugar
- 250g Butter
- 6g Salt
- 10g Baking Soda
- 4g Vanilla Paste
- 114g Popped Corn
- Pop the popcorn ahead of time and reserve 114 g of the popped corn for one batch. Discard any unpopped kernels.
- In a large pot, caramelize the sugar.
- Once the sugar is fully cooked, stir in the butter, salt, vanilla paste, and baking soda quickly and carefully.
- Once well combined, add in the popcorn.
- Toss to evenly coat. Spread into an even single layer on a sheet tray lined with a silicone mat.
- Allow to cool and immediately store in an air-tight container with a silica packet to keep it dry.
- Salted Caramel
- Roasted Sweet Corn Hot Cocoa
- Vanilla Whipped Cream
- Caramel Popcorn
- Drizzle the salted caramel on the interior of the serving glass.
- Pour in the hot cocoa.
- Top with a dollop of whipped cream and a few pieces of caramel popcorn.
Do you Know Cocoa?
The deZaan cocoa handbook developed exclusively for chefs and artisans is out now!
Excel your cocoa knowledge and be inspired with our distinguished book, meticulously developed by expert chefs and combining 110 years of cocoa knowledge.
Providing an abundance of cocoa knowledge and guidance, our just launched Know Cocoa book is going to be a firm favorite on your shelves and screens for 2023 and beyond. It’s the guide you’ve been waiting for. Excel your cocoa knowledge with deZaan and be excited!
deZaan is putting cocoa powder at the forefront of the table. With this range chefs can understand the ingredients at a more intimate level, which offers better control when creating new flavors, colors, and textures.
In our chef-led book, you will be given the scoop on:
- Revelatory cocoa cooking tips from our expert chefs and chef partners
- The six elements of cocoa powder and why they matter
- The difference pH and fat content can make for precision in your recipes
- The story of cocoa powder from bean to shelf
- How to convert recipes from chocolate to cocoa powder
- Original flavor pairings
- 27 foundational and inspirational recipes including technical deep dives
- A plethora of technical cocoa knowledge and know-how