- 1,000g Whole Milk
- 264g Milk Solids
- 750g Heavy Cream
- 280g Glucose Syrup
- 280g Sugar
- 4g Salt
- 10g Vanilla Paste
- 200g Egg Yolks
- 109g deZaan Terra Rossa Cocoa Powder
- 180g Malted Milk Powder
- 110g Barley Malt Syrup
- 3g Guar Gum
- Combine the milk, milk solids, cream, glucose, sugar, salt, and vanilla in a pot and bring to a simmer.
- Whisk the egg yolks in a bowl. While whisking constantly, slowly pour the hot milk mixture into the egg yolks to temper the egg.
- Return the mixture to the pot and cook to nappe.
- Remove from the heat and blend in the cocoa powder, malted milk powder, barley malt syrup, and guar gum.
- Strain and chill overnight. Churn in ice cream machine.
Do you Know Cocoa?
The deZaan cocoa handbook developed exclusively for chefs and artisans is out now!
Excel your cocoa knowledge and be inspired with our distinguished book, meticulously developed by expert chefs and combining 110 years of cocoa knowledge.
Providing an abundance of cocoa knowledge and guidance, our just launched Know Cocoa book is going to be a firm favorite on your shelves and screens for 2023 and beyond. It’s the guide you’ve been waiting for. Excel your cocoa knowledge with deZaan and be excited!
deZaan is putting cocoa powder at the forefront of the table. With this range chefs can understand the ingredients at a more intimate level, which offers better control when creating new flavors, colors, and textures.
In our chef-led book, you will be given the scoop on:
- Revelatory cocoa cooking tips from our expert chefs and chef partners
- The six elements of cocoa powder and why they matter
- The difference pH and fat content can make for precision in your recipes
- The story of cocoa powder from bean to shelf
- How to convert recipes from chocolate to cocoa powder
- Original flavor pairings
- 27 foundational and inspirational recipes including technical deep dives
- A plethora of technical cocoa knowledge and know-how