- 1,000g Rice Milk
- 90g Sugar
- 15g deZaan True Dark Cocoa Powder
- 1g Salt
- 9g Vanilla Extract
- Combine all the ingredients and blend them until the sugar has dissolved.
- Place the mixture in a large container and store it in the freezer.
- After 30 minutes, whisk the mixture. Repeat every 20-30 minutes until the mixture is completely frozen and fluffy.
- You can reserve as is and scoop per order, or portion into single servings – 1.5 cup/175g. Keep frozen.
- 500g Water
- 100g Glucose
- 350g Granulated Sugar
- 1,000g Pear Puree
- 20g Lemon Juice
- 8g Vanilla Bean Paste
- 1g Salt
- 2g Stabilizer
- Blend the water, sugar, and salt until dissolved.
- Blend in the remaining ingredients until smooth and strain.
- Rest overnight before spinning.
- Blend once more right before spinning.
- 1,360g Seedless Dark Grapes
- 127g Water
- 200g Port
- 255g Granulated Sugar
- 35g Pectin
- 4g Vanilla Paste
- 90g Lemon Juice
- Combine the grapes, water, and port. Bring to a boil.
- Blend with a hand blender into small chunks.
- Add the sugar, pectin, vanilla, and lemon juice. Cook to 104°C/220°F.
- Sliced Grapes
- Gold Leaf
- Gold Dusted Almond Pieces
- Take two half spheres and line them with plastic wrap. In each sphere, fill in with the true dark granita. Leave a divot in the center of each one.
- Place a scoop of the pear sorbet in the center of one of the half spheres.
- Press the two halves together to form a full sphere. Freeze until needed.
- Place the port jam in the center of the plate and push out to the edges.
- Create a circle in the center of the place with the slices of grape.
- Unmold the true dark granita sphere and place it in the center of the plate and grapes.
- Garnish with a gold leaf.
- Sprinkle the gold-dusted almonds around the granita sphere.
Do you Know Cocoa?
The deZaan cocoa handbook developed exclusively for chefs and artisans is out now!
Excel your cocoa knowledge and be inspired with our distinguished book, meticulously developed by expert chefs and combining 110 years of cocoa knowledge.
Providing an abundance of cocoa knowledge and guidance, our just launched Know Cocoa book is going to be a firm favorite on your shelves and screens for 2023 and beyond. It’s the guide you’ve been waiting for. Excel your cocoa knowledge with deZaan and be excited!
deZaan is putting cocoa powder at the forefront of the table. With this range chefs can understand the ingredients at a more intimate level, which offers better control when creating new flavors, colors, and textures.
In our chef-led book, you will be given the scoop on:
- Revelatory cocoa cooking tips from our expert chefs and chef partners
- The six elements of cocoa powder and why they matter
- The difference pH and fat content can make for precision in your recipes
- The story of cocoa powder from bean to shelf
- How to convert recipes from chocolate to cocoa powder
- Original flavor pairings
- 27 foundational and inspirational recipes including technical deep dives
- A plethora of technical cocoa knowledge and know-how