- 500g deZaan True Gold Cocoa Powder
- 100g Granulated Sugar
- 1,000g Water
- In a thermos blender, add all the ingredients.
- Mix at low/medium speed at 50°C/122°F for 1 hour.
- Cool down and freeze until set.
- Transfer the block of water to a container lined with double-layer cheesecloth. Reserve in the refrigerator until completely thawed.
- Retrieve the liquid.
- Refer to the assembly section below for further instructions.
- 1,000g Granulated Sugar
- 2,000g Water
- 1,000g Lemon Juice (for less acidic, lower quantity to 800g)
- ½ Cinnamon Stick
- 1 Star Anise
- Bring all the ingredients to a boil.
- Remove from the heat and cover. Infuse in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Strain out the spices and reserve it in the refrigerator.
- 50g Cocoa-Sugar for garnish (equal parts of cocoa and sugar)
- Once all the components have been made, start by adding the true gold water into the lemonade base syrup.
- Mix until combined.
- Reserve in the refrigerator.
- Serve cold over ice.
- Finish with cocoa-sugar around the rim of the glass (optional).
Do you Know Cocoa?
The deZaan cocoa handbook developed exclusively for chefs and artisans is out now!
Excel your cocoa knowledge and be inspired with our distinguished book, meticulously developed by expert chefs and combining 110 years of cocoa knowledge.
Providing an abundance of cocoa knowledge and guidance, our just launched Know Cocoa book is going to be a firm favorite on your shelves and screens for 2023 and beyond. It’s the guide you’ve been waiting for. Excel your cocoa knowledge with deZaan and be excited!
deZaan is putting cocoa powder at the forefront of the table. With this range chefs can understand the ingredients at a more intimate level, which offers better control when creating new flavors, colors, and textures.
In our chef-led book, you will be given the scoop on:
- Revelatory cocoa cooking tips from our expert chefs and chef partners
- The six elements of cocoa powder and why they matter
- The difference pH and fat content can make for precision in your recipes
- The story of cocoa powder from bean to shelf
- How to convert recipes from chocolate to cocoa powder
- Original flavor pairings
- 27 foundational and inspirational recipes including technical deep dives
- A plethora of technical cocoa knowledge and know-how