- 415g Confectioners' Sugar
- 150g Almond Flour
- 130g Flour
- 20g deZaan True Gold Cocoa Powder
- 1.5g Baking Soda
- 35g Trimoline
- 418g Egg Whites
- 10g Vanilla Paste
- 227g Brown Butter
- Combine the sugar, almond flour, flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda. Mix to combine.
- Add in the trimoline, egg whites, and vanilla paste. Mix to combine.
- Stream in the brown butter.
- Allow the batter to rest for at least an hour in the refrigerator.
- Pipe into greased molds (4cm round) and bake at 180°C/350°F for about 5-8 minutes.
- 454g Cream 35%
- 454g Mascarpone
- 200g Confectioners' Sugar
- 100g Pistachio Paste
- 1g Sea Salt
- 8g Vanilla Extract
- Whisk all the ingredients together starting on first speed.
- Once the mascarpone has broken up into small pieces, whisk on medium speed to medium peaks.
- Reserve chilled in a piping bag with a round tip.
- Orange Zest
- Crushed Pistachio
- Pistachio Paste
- Pipe the pistachio cream on top of the True Gold Financier.
- Using a heated measuring spoon, create a deep divot in the pistachio cream. Pipe in some pistachio paste.
- Sprinkle some crushed pistachio on the top and finish with freshly grated orange zest.
Do you Know Cocoa?
The deZaan cocoa handbook developed exclusively for chefs and artisans is out now!
Excel your cocoa knowledge and be inspired with our distinguished book, meticulously developed by expert chefs and combining 110 years of cocoa knowledge.
Providing an abundance of cocoa knowledge and guidance, our just launched Know Cocoa book is going to be a firm favorite on your shelves and screens for 2023 and beyond. It’s the guide you’ve been waiting for. Excel your cocoa knowledge with deZaan and be excited!
deZaan is putting cocoa powder at the forefront of the table. With this range chefs can understand the ingredients at a more intimate level, which offers better control when creating new flavors, colors, and textures.
In our chef-led book, you will be given the scoop on:
- Revelatory cocoa cooking tips from our expert chefs and chef partners
- The six elements of cocoa powder and why they matter
- The difference pH and fat content can make for precision in your recipes
- The story of cocoa powder from bean to shelf
- How to convert recipes from chocolate to cocoa powder
- Original flavor pairings
- 27 foundational and inspirational recipes including technical deep dives
- A plethora of technical cocoa knowledge and know-how