- 30g Flour
- 50g Granulated Sugar
- 50g Egg Whites
- 20g deZaan True Gold cocoa powder
- 0.5g Gualillo chili
- 50g Butter
- Melt the butter and mix with the sugar. Incorporate the rest of the ingredients.
- Spread onto desired silicon mats (checkered mold)
- Bake at 160ºC/320ºF for 3 minutes and immediately unmold.
- Place onto a silpat
- Bake at 150ºC/302ºF for 8 minutes.
- Gently form tuile into a taco shape as soon at it has been taken out of the oven.
- Allow to cool down completely before finishing dessert.
- 404ml Cream
- 2 fresh lime (zested)
- 100g Granulated sugar
- 404ml Cream
- 75g Milk Powder
- 50g Cocoa Butter
- 6g gelatin
- In a bowl, add cocoa butter & milk powder. Set aside until ready to use.
- In a saucepan, add 1st quantity of cream, lime zest and sugar. Bring to a simmer.
- Pour over cocoa butter & milk powder in 2-3 stages.
- Once the 1st cream has been incorporated, add gelatin. Blend with immersion blender.
- Add 2nd cream to mixture and blend until well combined. Strain mixture, cover with plastic wrap and chill until set.
- Set in refrigerator for 24hrs for best results.
- When ready to use the ganache, add desired quantity to a cold mixing bowl. Whisk until medium/hard peaks.
- 250ml Cream
- 75g Granulated Sugar
- 100g deZaan True Gold Cocoa Powder
- In a saucepan, add cream and sugar. Bring to a soft boil.
- In a bowl, add cocoa powder.
- Add hot cream to the cocoa powder. Blend with an immersion blender.
Store in an air-tight container until ready to use
1400ml Whole Milk 82g Trimoline 12g Stabiliser 2000 218g Granulated Sugar 250g deZaan True Gold Cocoa Powder
- In a bowl, add sugar, stabilizer and trimoline. Set aside until ready to use.
- In a medium pot, add milk and bring to 45ºC/113ºF.
- Once at 45ºC/113ºF, add in sugar mixture. Blend in with an immersion blender.
- Add cocoa powder at this point. Blend in with an immersion blender.
- Once ingredients have been well combined, cook to 82ºC/179ºF.
- Pour ice cream mixture into prepared container and let cool in an ice bath.
- Let rest overnight for best results.
Before churning, mix the ice cream again with an immersion blender to make sure all is well combined and nothing has set at the bottom of the container. 8. Churn to preference.
- 3 fresh mango (cubed, 1cm)
- 1 fresh pineapple (cubed, 1cm)
- Once mango & pineapple have been cubed, place onto a ¼ sheet tray.
- With a blow torch, roasted each side of the cubes.
- Place aside until ready to use.
- Once all components have been made, pipe a small strip of ganache down the middle of the plate.
- Gently place taco tuile onto plate, directly onto ganache.
- Place 5 cubes of mango onto tuile.
- Place 3 cubes of pineapple onto tuile.
- Pipe 4 dots of lime whipped ganache in between the fruit.
- Zest a fresh lime over the top of the fruit & ganache.
- Add a small amount of fresh passion fruit in between the ganache & fruit.
- Pipe a dot of true gold ganache to the right of the tuile, and set a disc of roasted mango over the top.
- Place quenelle of true gold ice cream and finish with a sprinkle of gualillo chili.
Do you Know Cocoa?
The deZaan cocoa handbook developed exclusively for chefs and artisans is out now!
Excel your cocoa knowledge and be inspired with our distinguished book, meticulously developed by expert chefs and combining 110 years of cocoa knowledge.
Providing an abundance of cocoa knowledge and guidance, our just launched Know Cocoa book is going to be a firm favorite on your shelves and screens for 2023 and beyond. It’s the guide you’ve been waiting for. Excel your cocoa knowledge with deZaan and be excited!
deZaan is putting cocoa powder at the forefront of the table. With this range chefs can understand the ingredients at a more intimate level, which offers better control when creating new flavors, colors, and textures.
In our chef-led book, you will be given the scoop on:
- Revelatory cocoa cooking tips from our expert chefs and chef partners
- The six elements of cocoa powder and why they matter
- The difference pH and fat content can make for precision in your recipes
- The story of cocoa powder from bean to shelf
- How to convert recipes from chocolate to cocoa powder
- Original flavor pairings
- 27 foundational and inspirational recipes including technical deep dives
- A plethora of technical cocoa knowledge and know-how