- 500g Coconut Cream
- 2g Cardamon
- 3g Ginger powder
- 2g Cinnamon Powder
- 7g deZaan True Gold Cocoa Powder
- 300g Granulated Sugar
- 100g Water
- In a pot, bring coconut cream and spices to a simmer.
- Blend in deZaan True Gold cocoa powder with an immersion blender. Keep warm.
- Make a dark caramel with sugar and water.
- Gradually stream in coconut cream mixture on low heat.
- Cook to 104ºC/219ºF.
- Strain and store in a refrigerator.
- 150g Flour
- 150g Roasted Hazelnut Flour
- 120g Water
- 60g Coconut Fat (softened)
- Mix all the dry ingredients.
- Add water and coconut fat.
- Mix for 10 min on medium speed.
- Rest in a refrigerator for a minimum of 30 min.
- Roll and shape into a mold.
- Reserve in a refrigerator until ready to bake.
- 400g Pumpkin Puree
- 300g Coconut Cream
- 180g Light Brown Sugar
- 15g Corn Starch
- 3g Salt
- 7g Cinnamon Powder
- 5g Ginger Powder
- 10g deZaan True Gold Cocoa Powder
- Add all the ingredients into a bowl or blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add to a tart shell and bake at 150ºC/302ºF until just set.
- Cool down completely before decorating.
- Finish with spiced caramel and whipped coconut cream.
Do you Know Cocoa?
The deZaan cocoa handbook developed exclusively for chefs and artisans is out now!
Excel your cocoa knowledge and be inspired with our distinguished book, meticulously developed by expert chefs and combining 110 years of cocoa knowledge.
Providing an abundance of cocoa knowledge and guidance, our just launched Know Cocoa book is going to be a firm favorite on your shelves and screens for 2023 and beyond. It’s the guide you’ve been waiting for. Excel your cocoa knowledge with deZaan and be excited!
deZaan is putting cocoa powder at the forefront of the table. With this range chefs can understand the ingredients at a more intimate level, which offers better control when creating new flavors, colors, and textures.
In our chef-led book, you will be given the scoop on:
- Revelatory cocoa cooking tips from our expert chefs and chef partners
- The six elements of cocoa powder and why they matter
- The difference pH and fat content can make for precision in your recipes
- The story of cocoa powder from bean to shelf
- How to convert recipes from chocolate to cocoa powder
- Original flavor pairings
- 27 foundational and inspirational recipes including technical deep dives
- A plethora of technical cocoa knowledge and know-how