- 48g Cinnamon
- 12g Ginger
- 12g Nutmeg
- 6g Clove
- Blend all of the spices together until evenly combined.
- 200g Whole Milk
- 40g deZaan Hot Chocolate Mix
- 3g Vanilla Extract
- 6g Pumpkin Spice
- Heat the milk to 65°C/149°F.
- Blend in the hot cocoa mix, vanilla extract, and pumpkin spice until smooth.
- 170g All-Purpose Flour
- 42g deZaan True Gold Cocoa Powder
- 8g Cinnamon Powder
- 142g Confectioners' Sugar
- 149g Butter
- 85g Honey
- 9g Vanilla Paste
- 71g Egg Whites
- 500g Pecans
- 250g Caramelized Sugar
- 2g Sea Salt
- 8g Vanilla Paste
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder, and cinnamon powder together. Set aside.
- In a bowl of a stand mixer, cream the confectioners' sugar, butter, honey, and vanilla paste with the paddle attachment. Mix until fully blended.
- Stream in the egg whites. Mix in the sifted dry ingredients. Reserve until needed.
- To make the filling, combine all of the ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth for about 8 minutes. Reserve in a piping bag.
- To make the cookies, preheat the oven to 165°C/325°F.
- On a silicone-lined sheet tray, spread the cookie batter thin, into a 15cm/6in by 10cm/4in rectangle.
- Dust the top with cocoa powder and bake for 4 minutes.
- Working fast as soon as the cookie comes out of the oven, flip the cookie over. Along the 15cm/6in length of the cookie, pipe the filling in the center from one end to another, leaving room on both sides.
- Place a long chopstick on both ends of the cookie and roll inwards to form the cinnamon stick shape.
- Allow to cool and firm up before removing the sticks.
- Pumpkin Spice Hot Cocoa
- Whipped Cream
- Pumpkin Spice
- Cinnamon Cookie
- Place the hot cocoa in a desired serving cup.
- Place a dollop of whipped cream on the top and dust with pumpkin spice.
- Serve with a cinnamon stick cookie.
Do you Know Cocoa?
The deZaan cocoa handbook developed exclusively for chefs and artisans is out now!
Excel your cocoa knowledge and be inspired with our distinguished book, meticulously developed by expert chefs and combining 110 years of cocoa knowledge.
Providing an abundance of cocoa knowledge and guidance, our just launched Know Cocoa book is going to be a firm favorite on your shelves and screens for 2023 and beyond. It’s the guide you’ve been waiting for. Excel your cocoa knowledge with deZaan and be excited!
deZaan is putting cocoa powder at the forefront of the table. With this range chefs can understand the ingredients at a more intimate level, which offers better control when creating new flavors, colors, and textures.
In our chef-led book, you will be given the scoop on:
- Revelatory cocoa cooking tips from our expert chefs and chef partners
- The six elements of cocoa powder and why they matter
- The difference pH and fat content can make for precision in your recipes
- The story of cocoa powder from bean to shelf
- How to convert recipes from chocolate to cocoa powder
- Original flavor pairings
- 27 foundational and inspirational recipes including technical deep dives
- A plethora of technical cocoa knowledge and know-how