- 105g High-Gluten Flour (quantity 1)
- 50g Lukewarm Water
- 20g Sourdough Starter
- 5g Maltose
- 315g High-Gluten Flour (quantity 2)
- 150g Lukewarm Water
- Mix 105g flour, 50ml water, sourdough starter and maltose into a dough ball. Cut a cross, place in a large glass jar and allow it to sit in ambient temperature for 48 hours.
- Remove 100g of the dough and add in 105g flour and 50ml water, rest for 24 hours and repeat for 3 more times.
- 69g Pasta Madre (see above)
- 75g Maltose
- 120ml Water
- 55g Egg Yolk
- 75g Unsalted Butter
- 240g High-Gluten Flour
- In a stand mixer with a dough hook, add pasta madre, flour and water.
- Mix for 10–15 mins. Note: Add in half of the maltose during the first 2 minutes and the rest of the maltose during the last 2 minutes.
- Add in softened butter and beat until well incorporated. Slowly add in egg yolks.
- Mix for approx. 25 minutes till the gluten is fully developed by conducting a window pane test, making sure the dough temperature does not go over 280°C, transfer to a tall container.
- Allow the dough to rise in a tall container for about 12 hours in an ambient temperature (26°C-280°C) till triple in initial volume.
- 120g Dried Persimmon
- 60g Medjool Dates
- 30g Dried Snow Plum
- 100ml Mae Hwa Soo (Plum Wine)
- 60g High-Gluten Flour
- 66g Maltose
- 4g Salt
- 96g Egg Yolk
- 129g Unsalted Butter
- 2g Malt Powder
- 25g deZaan Crimson Red Cocoa Powder
- 50g Unsalted Butter
- Cut persimmon, dates and sour plum into small dices and soak in Mae Hwa Soo overnight.
- Mix flour and malt. Add in the 1st dough and beat on medium for 15 minutes.
- Add in aromatic blend, sugar, egg yolks and salt.Incorporate butter in and beat well.
- Add in soaked fruits and deZaan Crimson Red cocoa powder. Mix for 2 minutes while scraping gently in intervals to ensure even mixing.
- Cover the bowl for 45 minutes.
- Perform two complete sets (so one set directly after the other without rest in between) of stretch and folds and see the dough develop from very slack into a plumper shape, bench rest the dough covered with a wet clean cloth for 25 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal parts and shape into a ball, again cover and let rest for 25 minutes.
- Transfer the dough quickly and gently into the panettone molds.
- Cover the molds with floured cling film.
- Allow panettone to rise in liners covered at ambient temperature for 9 hours.
- Uncover the panettone and leave it for 15-20 minutes, cut a cross on top and add a chunk of butter in the center, bake in a pre-heated oven at 160°C for about 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Immediately invert panettone to cool by piercing wooden skewers at the bottom and hang upside down.
- 30g Maltose
- ½ Vanilla Pod
- 1 no. Mandarin Orange Zest
- 1 no. Kaffir Lime Zest
- Mix all the ingredients and rest in the refrigerator overnight.
Dust icing sugar on the top of the panettone.
Do you Know Cocoa?
The deZaan cocoa handbook developed exclusively for chefs and artisans is out now!
Excel your cocoa knowledge and be inspired with our distinguished book, meticulously developed by expert chefs and combining 110 years of cocoa knowledge.
Providing an abundance of cocoa knowledge and guidance, our just launched Know Cocoa book is going to be a firm favorite on your shelves and screens for 2023 and beyond. It’s the guide you’ve been waiting for. Excel your cocoa knowledge with deZaan and be excited!
deZaan is putting cocoa powder at the forefront of the table. With this range chefs can understand the ingredients at a more intimate level, which offers better control when creating new flavors, colors, and textures.
In our chef-led book, you will be given the scoop on:
- Revelatory cocoa cooking tips from our expert chefs and chef partners
- The six elements of cocoa powder and why they matter
- The difference pH and fat content can make for precision in your recipes
- The story of cocoa powder from bean to shelf
- How to convert recipes from chocolate to cocoa powder
- Original flavor pairings
- 27 foundational and inspirational recipes including technical deep dives
- A plethora of technical cocoa knowledge and know-how