- 95g Butter
- 60g Sugar
- 15g Glucose syrup
- 95g All purpose flour
- 3g Baking powder
- 75g Whey protein powder
- 135g Eggs
- 25g Dried strawberries
- 25g Almonds, silvered (toasted)
- 22g Terra Rossa Cocoa Powder
- As needed – Quito Oro Cocoa mass
1. Cream butter with sugar and glucose syrup. 2. Slowly incoporate eggs until homogenous. 3. Sift all the dry powders. 4. Fold into the creamed egg and butter mixture, mix until homogenous. 5. Fold in the toasted almonds and dried strawberries. 6. Shape into a rectangle, 1.5cm in height. 7. Bake at 170C for 12 minutes. 8. Drizzle melted cocoa mass over the protein bars to garnish. 9. Cool and slice.
Do you Know Cocoa?
The deZaan cocoa handbook developed exclusively for chefs and artisans is out now!
Excel your cocoa knowledge and be inspired with our distinguished book, meticulously developed by expert chefs and combining 110 years of cocoa knowledge.
Providing an abundance of cocoa knowledge and guidance, our just launched Know Cocoa book is going to be a firm favorite on your shelves and screens for 2023 and beyond. It’s the guide you’ve been waiting for. Excel your cocoa knowledge with deZaan and be excited!
deZaan is putting cocoa powder at the forefront of the table. With this range chefs can understand the ingredients at a more intimate level, which offers better control when creating new flavors, colors, and textures.
In our chef-led book, you will be given the scoop on:
- Revelatory cocoa cooking tips from our expert chefs and chef partners
- The six elements of cocoa powder and why they matter
- The difference pH and fat content can make for precision in your recipes
- The story of cocoa powder from bean to shelf
- How to convert recipes from chocolate to cocoa powder
- Original flavor pairings
- 27 foundational and inspirational recipes including technical deep dives
- A plethora of technical cocoa knowledge and know-how