- 120g- Glutinous rice flour
- 75g – Sugar
- 185g – Water
- As needed- Corn flour
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients well, cling wrap and steam for 15 minutes.
- Remove and give it a good mix while its hot and continue to steam for another 15 minutes.
- Cool until warm to the touch.
- Sieve corn flour on your worktop before transferring the dough. Sieve more corn flour on top of the dough to make sure that the dough is well coated with flour, this is to ensure that the dough does not stick to any surfaces.
- Roll out to 6mm thin and cut with a ring mould, dust with more corn flour if it starts to stick.
- 150g- Whipping cream
- 90g – Deep Russet Cocoa Powder
- 55g – Honey
- 30g – Unsalted butter
- 50g – Pistachio nibs
- In a pot, bring the cream to a simmer and whisk in all the ingredients except the pistachio nibs
- Allow the mixture to cool to a spreadable consistency
- Fold in the pistachio nibs
- 160g – Pistachio
- 24g- Water (for cooking)
- 80g – Sugar
- 40g - Almond powder
- 10g - Vanilla paste
- 20g Water (for blending)
- Boil the pistachio for a few minutes or until soft. Strain and peel off any skin, set aside in a mixing bowl.
- In another pot, cook the sugar and water (for cooking) until it reaches 118 deg C.
- Pour the sugar syrup onto the pistachio and keep mixing until the sugar crystallises and becomes sandy.
- Blend the sugared pistachio with the rest of the ingredients until it becomes a paste.
- Pipe the paste into small round silicon mould and freeze to harden.
- Coat the frozen pistachio with the cocoa ganache and freeze until firm.
- Using the daifuku skin, wrap the filling and seal it tight.
- Thaw to room temperature before eating.
Do you Know Cocoa?
The deZaan cocoa handbook developed exclusively for chefs and artisans is out now!
Excel your cocoa knowledge and be inspired with our distinguished book, meticulously developed by expert chefs and combining 110 years of cocoa knowledge.
Providing an abundance of cocoa knowledge and guidance, our just launched Know Cocoa book is going to be a firm favorite on your shelves and screens for 2023 and beyond. It’s the guide you’ve been waiting for. Excel your cocoa knowledge with deZaan and be excited!
deZaan is putting cocoa powder at the forefront of the table. With this range chefs can understand the ingredients at a more intimate level, which offers better control when creating new flavors, colors, and textures.
In our chef-led book, you will be given the scoop on:
- Revelatory cocoa cooking tips from our expert chefs and chef partners
- The six elements of cocoa powder and why they matter
- The difference pH and fat content can make for precision in your recipes
- The story of cocoa powder from bean to shelf
- How to convert recipes from chocolate to cocoa powder
- Original flavor pairings
- 27 foundational and inspirational recipes including technical deep dives
- A plethora of technical cocoa knowledge and know-how