- 450g Fresh Milk
- 450g Strong Brewed Tea (see below)
- 30g deZaan Terra Rossa Cocoa Powder
- 150g Condensed Milk
- Mix all ingredients in a pot and heat up to at least 65C, stir well to dissolve and chill thoroughly before serve.
- 14g Pu-er Tea Leaves
- 600g Hot Water
- Steep the dried pu-er tea leaves in hot water for at least 5 minutes or until the tea becomes strong and dark.
- 45g Cream cheese
- 60g Condensed milk
- 150g Whipping cream
- 7.5g deZaan Artisan Black cocoa powder
- 10g Milk
- In a stand mixer, add cream cheese, condensed milk and Artisan Black cocoa powder. Using the whip attachment, whip on high for about 3 minutes, until light.
- Slowly drizzle in the whipping cream and continue whipping until thick.
- Take the water, Terra Rossa cocoa powder, and dark brown sugar (for the dough) and bring it to a simmer.
- Take half the tapioca starch and add into the hot sugar solution all at once, mix until it forms a sticky paste.
- Continue mixing until it cools to room temperature, add the rest of the tapioca starch and knead until it forms a dough.
- Roll and cut the dough into small 0.7cm balls, dust them with tapioca starch to prevent sticking.
- Boil the pearls into boiling water until cooked through, about 5-10minutes. Rinse with cold water until lukewarm temperature.
- Mix the tapioca pearls, dark brown sugar and Artisan Black cocoa powder well and let it sit for at least 30 minutes at room temperature before serving.
- Add about 60-80g of tapioca peals into a tall glass.
- Fill up with about 350g of chocolate milk tea.
- Top up with about 50-70g of cheese foam.
- Serve with a large metal straw.
Do you Know Cocoa?
The deZaan cocoa handbook developed exclusively for chefs and artisans is out now!
Excel your cocoa knowledge and be inspired with our distinguished book, meticulously developed by expert chefs and combining 110 years of cocoa knowledge.
Providing an abundance of cocoa knowledge and guidance, our just launched Know Cocoa book is going to be a firm favorite on your shelves and screens for 2023 and beyond. It’s the guide you’ve been waiting for. Excel your cocoa knowledge with deZaan and be excited!
deZaan is putting cocoa powder at the forefront of the table. With this range chefs can understand the ingredients at a more intimate level, which offers better control when creating new flavors, colors, and textures.
In our chef-led book, you will be given the scoop on:
- Revelatory cocoa cooking tips from our expert chefs and chef partners
- The six elements of cocoa powder and why they matter
- The difference pH and fat content can make for precision in your recipes
- The story of cocoa powder from bean to shelf
- How to convert recipes from chocolate to cocoa powder
- Original flavor pairings
- 27 foundational and inspirational recipes including technical deep dives
- A plethora of technical cocoa knowledge and know-how