- Combine the almond flour, confectioners’ sugar, and cocoa powder and sift.
- Mix 85g of the water with 8g of the soy protein until smooth. Combine with the sifted dry ingredients to form a paste; set aside.
- Combine the remaining 85g water, remaining 8g soy protein powder, and the carob gum flour in the bowl of a stand mixer and mix by hand until smooth. Using the whisk attachment, whip until the meringue is creamy and holds soft peaks.
- Cook the water and granulated sugar to 240°F/118°C.
- With the mixer running, stream the sugar syrup into the meringue.
- Whip until the outside of the bowl is no longer hot (it should still be warm). Fold the meringue into the almond paste in 3 batches.
- Transfer the batter to a piping bag. Pipe rounds of batter onto a sheet tray and dry.
- Preheat the oven to 155°C/300°F. Bake the macaron shells for 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Stir together the water and soy protein powder until smooth.
- Add the dextrose powder, glucose, and invert sugar and blend until smooth. Add the melted cocoa butter, coconut oil, deZaan cocoa powder, and granulated sugar and blend until smooth and emulsified.
- Refrigerate for 12 hours. Bring to room temperature before using.
- Transfer the ganache to a piping bag.
- Pipe ganache onto the flat side of half the macaron shells and sandwich with a second.
- Serve or store in the refrigerator to enjoy later.
Do you Know Cocoa?
The deZaan cocoa handbook developed exclusively for chefs and artisans is out now!
Excel your cocoa knowledge and be inspired with our distinguished book, meticulously developed by expert chefs and combining 110 years of cocoa knowledge.
Providing an abundance of cocoa knowledge and guidance, our just launched Know Cocoa book is going to be a firm favorite on your shelves and screens for 2023 and beyond. It’s the guide you’ve been waiting for. Excel your cocoa knowledge with deZaan and be excited!
deZaan is putting cocoa powder at the forefront of the table. With this range chefs can understand the ingredients at a more intimate level, which offers better control when creating new flavors, colors, and textures.
In our chef-led book, you will be given the scoop on:
- Revelatory cocoa cooking tips from our expert chefs and chef partners
- The six elements of cocoa powder and why they matter
- The difference pH and fat content can make for precision in your recipes
- The story of cocoa powder from bean to shelf
- How to convert recipes from chocolate to cocoa powder
- Original flavor pairings
- 27 foundational and inspirational recipes including technical deep dives
- A plethora of technical cocoa knowledge and know-how