- 105g - Plain flour
- 25g - Deep Russet Cocoa Powder
- 120g - Cold Butter (Cubed)
- 95g - Powdered Sugar
- 2g - Vanilla Extract
- 1g – Salt
- 55g - Egg Yolk
- To make the tart base, sift all dry ingredients.
- Rub in the cold butter into the dry mix until crumbly.
- Add egg yolks and continue until mixing until well homogenous.
- Rest in the chiller for 30 mins.
- Roll the dough out thin and line tart mould and blind bake @ 175C for 20 mins with baking beans/rice.
- Cool the tart to room temperature.
- 175g – Eggs
- 70g - Whole Milk
- 80g – Cream
- 100g – Butter
- 45g – Sugar
- 2g – Salt
- 30g - Deep Russet Cocoa Powder
- To make the custard, mix all the ingredients well and heat gently over a medium low heat until 65C and cool.
- Pour the cooled custard mix into the baked tart shell and bake in a 120C oven until the custard reaches 75-78C (The custard should wobble firmly if you shake them).
- Fully cool before slicing.
Do you Know Cocoa?
The deZaan cocoa handbook developed exclusively for chefs and artisans is out now!
Excel your cocoa knowledge and be inspired with our distinguished book, meticulously developed by expert chefs and combining 110 years of cocoa knowledge.
Providing an abundance of cocoa knowledge and guidance, our just launched Know Cocoa book is going to be a firm favorite on your shelves and screens for 2023 and beyond. It’s the guide you’ve been waiting for. Excel your cocoa knowledge with deZaan and be excited!
deZaan is putting cocoa powder at the forefront of the table. With this range chefs can understand the ingredients at a more intimate level, which offers better control when creating new flavors, colors, and textures.
In our chef-led book, you will be given the scoop on:
- Revelatory cocoa cooking tips from our expert chefs and chef partners
- The six elements of cocoa powder and why they matter
- The difference pH and fat content can make for precision in your recipes
- The story of cocoa powder from bean to shelf
- How to convert recipes from chocolate to cocoa powder
- Original flavor pairings
- 27 foundational and inspirational recipes including technical deep dives
- A plethora of technical cocoa knowledge and know-how