- 120g Butter
- 105g Raw sugar
- 55g Eggs
- 27g Terra Rossa
- 45g Cake flour
- 80g All purpose flour
- 8g Tapioca starch
- 3g Corn starch
- 2g Baking Soda
- 1g Salt
- 25g Rolled Oats
- 15g Cocoa nibs
- For the cookie, cream butter and sugar together until light and aerated
- Slowly incoporate the eggs until homogenous
- Sieve all the dry ingredients except oats and nibs
- Fold in the flour mixture in 3 additions and mix until homogenous
- Fold in the oats and nibs and mix until even.
- Shape into 30g balls and bake in a 190C oven for about 10-12 minutes
- Cool throughly to room temperature
- 400g Whole milk
- 18g Freeze dried raspberry
- 2g Vanilla extract
- 60g Manuka honey
- 10g Corn starch
- 2g Agar powder
- For the raspberry filling, blend all ingredient until smooth
- Heat up the mixture over a medium heat or until 90C
- Pour in a 6" lined mould and set in the fridge until firm, height of filling should be about 1cm
- Using a cookie cutter ( with the same diameter as the cookie), cut out the filling and sandwich between 2 cookies
Do you Know Cocoa?
The deZaan cocoa handbook developed exclusively for chefs and artisans is out now!
Excel your cocoa knowledge and be inspired with our distinguished book, meticulously developed by expert chefs and combining 110 years of cocoa knowledge.
Providing an abundance of cocoa knowledge and guidance, our just launched Know Cocoa book is going to be a firm favorite on your shelves and screens for 2023 and beyond. It’s the guide you’ve been waiting for. Excel your cocoa knowledge with deZaan and be excited!
deZaan is putting cocoa powder at the forefront of the table. With this range chefs can understand the ingredients at a more intimate level, which offers better control when creating new flavors, colors, and textures.
In our chef-led book, you will be given the scoop on:
- Revelatory cocoa cooking tips from our expert chefs and chef partners
- The six elements of cocoa powder and why they matter
- The difference pH and fat content can make for precision in your recipes
- The story of cocoa powder from bean to shelf
- How to convert recipes from chocolate to cocoa powder
- Original flavor pairings
- 27 foundational and inspirational recipes including technical deep dives
- A plethora of technical cocoa knowledge and know-how