- 110g Plain Flour
- 110g Salted Butter
- 110g Light Soft Brown Sugar
- 4 Egg Yolks
- 75g Smashed Raspberries
- 25g Cocoa Powder - True Gold
- 4g (1 tsp) Baking Soda
- Preheat oven to 180ºC. Prepare 1 round 8 inch cake mould by lining with greaseproof paper. Grease with a little bit of oil or butter.
- Add the butter and sugar to a mixing bowl and cream until light and fluffy.
- Weigh and sift flour and baking powder in a separate bowl.
- In another bowl weigh and lightly whisk your eggs.
- Incorporate alternate quantities of dry ingredients and eggs into the creamed mixture until fully incorporated.
- Once fully incorporated, gently fold in the raspberries.
- Add the cake batter to the moulds (smooth out the batter evenly to prevent burning or uneven baking)
- Bake for 30 minutes (turning the moulds occasionally). Test the readiness of the cakes by inserting a knife to the center of the cakes (if knife comes out clean, cake is ready).
- 25g Cocoa Powder - Terra Rossa
- 75g Smashed Raspberries
- 100ml Double Cream
- 30g Salted Butter
- 3g (1/2 tsp) Liquid Glucose
- 50g Caster Sugar
- In a saucepan add the cream, sugar and glucose. Bring to a rolling boil.
- Take off the heat and add the cocoa powder and smashed raspberries.
- Return the saucepan to the heat and bring to a rolling boil.
- Remove from heat, add butter until fully incorporated.
- Set aside to set until ready to use.
Fresh (or dried) Raspberries, Toasted and Sliced Almonds
Serving Suggestions: Vanilla Ice Cream, Whipped Chocolate Cream
- Once the cake is cool place onto a serving plate. Using a skewer, pierce the cake in several locations across its surface (through to the plate below).
- Pour the ganache over the top of the cake, allowing the ganache to seep into the holes and flow off the sides of the cake.
- To be finished with fresh raspberries, dried raspberries and/or toasted sliced almonds.
- Served at room temperature with a side of vanilla ice cream, whipped chocolate cream.
Do you Know Cocoa?
The deZaan cocoa handbook developed exclusively for chefs and artisans is out now!
Excel your cocoa knowledge and be inspired with our distinguished book, meticulously developed by expert chefs and combining 110 years of cocoa knowledge.
Providing an abundance of cocoa knowledge and guidance, our just launched Know Cocoa book is going to be a firm favorite on your shelves and screens for 2023 and beyond. It’s the guide you’ve been waiting for. Excel your cocoa knowledge with deZaan and be excited!
deZaan is putting cocoa powder at the forefront of the table. With this range chefs can understand the ingredients at a more intimate level, which offers better control when creating new flavors, colors, and textures.
In our chef-led book, you will be given the scoop on:
- Revelatory cocoa cooking tips from our expert chefs and chef partners
- The six elements of cocoa powder and why they matter
- The difference pH and fat content can make for precision in your recipes
- The story of cocoa powder from bean to shelf
- How to convert recipes from chocolate to cocoa powder
- Original flavor pairings
- 27 foundational and inspirational recipes including technical deep dives
- A plethora of technical cocoa knowledge and know-how