- 3,000g Mix of Heirloom Tomatoes (250g per portion)
- 600g Burrata Cheese (mixed until smooth)
- Cut the tomatoes into small even wedges. Reserve until ready to plate.
- Mix burrata in a mixing bowl until smooth. Reserve in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- 500g Lemon Juice
- 20g Honey
- 75g deZaan Crimson Red Cocoa Powder
- 250g Olive Oil
- 10g Cold Water
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Mix the juice, honey, and cocoa powder until combined.
- Stream in the olive oil while mixing to create an emulsion.
- Add water and whisk to thicken the emulsion.
- Add in salt and pepper to taste.
- Reserve until ready to serve.
- 40-50g Fresh Basil (for garnish)
- Once all components are ready, start by spreading a bit of burrata cream at the center of the dish.
- Add tomatoes on top of the burrata in a playful disc format.
- Pipe 2-3 dots of burrata cream around the tomatoes.
- Garnish with a chiffonade of fresh basil.
- Serve with a saucier of crimson red vinaigrette.
Do you Know Cocoa?
The deZaan cocoa handbook developed exclusively for chefs and artisans is out now!
Excel your cocoa knowledge and be inspired with our distinguished book, meticulously developed by expert chefs and combining 110 years of cocoa knowledge.
Providing an abundance of cocoa knowledge and guidance, our just launched Know Cocoa book is going to be a firm favorite on your shelves and screens for 2023 and beyond. It’s the guide you’ve been waiting for. Excel your cocoa knowledge with deZaan and be excited!
deZaan is putting cocoa powder at the forefront of the table. With this range chefs can understand the ingredients at a more intimate level, which offers better control when creating new flavors, colors, and textures.
In our chef-led book, you will be given the scoop on:
- Revelatory cocoa cooking tips from our expert chefs and chef partners
- The six elements of cocoa powder and why they matter
- The difference pH and fat content can make for precision in your recipes
- The story of cocoa powder from bean to shelf
- How to convert recipes from chocolate to cocoa powder
- Original flavor pairings
- 27 foundational and inspirational recipes including technical deep dives
- A plethora of technical cocoa knowledge and know-how